Do you think the Mach-E will get good info like the F150?

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Last edited:

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I think it's unlikely that Ford would add such features to a 2021 MME via OTA.
OTA seems like it will be used for bug fixes and other software patches to make current features work reliably, not new features that will stretch the amount of time you keep owning the car.
They want an incentive for you to eventually buy a new model year, regardless of whether it's technically possible to push onto the 2021 hardware with OTA.

The exception would be BlueCruise, which Ford has said is definitely coming to the 2021 MME (via OTA?).

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Saw this article and it seems like much of what I’ve seen others hope to be able to see about their Mach-E, the F150’s will get…

battery temp info, regen info, that type of stuff. Seems like it could be OTA type of thing that could be added to the Mach-E, no?

https://mashable.com/article/ford-f-150-lightning-dashboard-screen-animations
I think it is very likely. It's one of the more common requests that has been posted on here.

And they have talked about adding features besides BlueCruise via OTA. They already added SecuriAlert and there were some slides that showed they were going to add a sketchpad and basic games as well.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I would say its almost certain to happen. The data is there, just need to program a gauge in to display it.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
OTA seems like it will be used for bug fixes and other software patches to make current features work reliably, not new features that will stretch the amount of time you keep owning the car.
They want an incentive for you to eventually buy a new model year, regardless of whether it's technically possible to push onto the 2021 hardware with OTA.
What is your source for that?

TJ-Mach-e

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Merc S550, 2021 MME AWD ER
Country flag
I would say it’s highly likely because I was scratching my head and wondering why they even released the Mach-E without that stuff.

Unless…. Ford made a big mistake and the Mach-E is not even hardware capable of displaying that information… which I fear maybe be true because their arbitrary restrictions they put on charging indicates that the car does not monitor any of that information… is that because it wasn’t programmed or is it because it can’t?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Frankly, I'd prefer they focus on the basics, like getting PaaK to work before they work about crap like fancy UI enhancements.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I would say it’s highly likely because I was scratching my head and wondering why they even released the Mach-E without that stuff.

Unless…. Ford made a big mistake and the Mach-E is not even hardware capable of displaying that information… which I fear maybe be true because their arbitrary restrictions they put on charging indicates that the car does not monitor any of that information… is that because it wasn’t programmed or is it because it can’t?
I'm assuming since the car can communicate most of that info with the charging stations, it "should" be able to display it on the screen? That's just me and my wishful thinking assumption! ?

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag

The information is all there - you can read it with a bluetooth ODBII dongle. Now, whether they decide to show it to us mortals is up to them. ;)

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So the info shown for the F150, is that actual functional software or mock-ups?

Since the vehicle is still not in production, I I'm not even sure if the F150 will get those features tbh.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

The information is all there - you can read it with a bluetooth ODBII dongle. Now, whether they decide to show it to us mortals is up to them. ;)
This. Those with the time and patience to configure torque pro or the other diagnostic tools have already shown that the data is kept and can be displayed via the diagnostic port. Clearly the UI designers took the approach of making the Mach E as comfortable to an ICE driver as possible, so didn't feel the need to add stuff like that which could intimidate a potential buyer. It feels very likely that Ford will be adding things like this as an "app" card

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
So the info shown for the F150, is that actual functional software or mock-ups?

Since the vehicle is still not in production, I I'm not even sure if the F150 will get those features tbh.
The renders of the Mustang Mach E showed space gray interiors with space gray steering wheel trim, front trunks with no dividers, and a front trunk release button in FordPass. I wouldn’t trust much of what you’re seeing in “pre-production renderings”.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Frankly, I'd prefer they focus on the basics, like getting PaaK to work before they work about crap like fancy UI enhancements.
agree I think update 1.6 was a step backwards not forward. PAAAK works even less now.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Hopefully Ford power up 2.0 will greatly change the interface of the IPC to show battery regen and stuff

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
If Ford is serious about this being considered a Mustang, they’ll add this to the GT at a minimum. That said, I doubt we will ever see performance data on a grocery getter.
Sponsored