Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Proud Owner of a Premium SR RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just wondering how many always use the fob or always use the phone. Anyone know how much a second fob costs?
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I want to use phone only, but for me PaaK has barely worked so I keep the fob with me but I reallly don't want to keep it with me.

The welcome lights don't work for me with Paak, one time I opened the door with Paak and the alarm went off, sometimes it doesn't even open the doors. Sometimes the door opens but then it says "No Key" when I'm inside.

It's just way too unreliable right now, which is unfortunate because I'm coming from a Model 3 so I'm used to not carrying a fob, so it feels awful to carry a fob again lol

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I use the fob. The Phone as a Key has not proven to be as reliable or convenient as the fob. I hate standing there waiting for the car to recognize the phone is near. It's quite embarrassing to keep kicking for the liftgate to open when my arms are full of stuff and the car just ignores me. :) The key fob works every time so I like that better.

In addition, I can't leave Fordpass running or it will keep causing the bluetooth to lose connection. So, if I want to be able to make and receive phone calls then FordPass has to be turned off. Lastly.....since the phone has to be connected to the internet in order for PaaK to work then that becomes a deal breaker for me.

I purchased 2 spare fobs so now I am good. ?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've only used PAAK and it's been solid for me since day 1. I know some here have not had that experience.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
My fob has remained in a drawer in my house since my Mach-E got home from the dealer a month ago. PAAK all the way.

Rafgar

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE
Country flag
Phone only. I have only had to use the door and back-up start code once. Frequently, I have to start the app before the car recognizes the phone. Bit of a pain, but not horrible. However, when I take a road trip, I plan on wrapping the fob in foil and keeping it in the car.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Phone.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Fob for me, but mainly because my first attempt at setting up PaaK at the dealer failed and I haven't tried since. I'm the only one driving the car thus far, so hasn't been an issue.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I use the Fob but PAAK works fine for me most of the time...I just don't mind putting the fob in my pocket. If I forget to grab it or something I'll just use my phone.
Sponsored