GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
3 days in...had dealer provide me with extra FOB. Both (2) FOBS have remained indoors.

100% so far on PAAK. Very little issue, slight delay (3-5 sec) on doors or starting. Android Auto works flawless so far.

Loving it right now.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I installed Paak on my Pixel 5 (android 11) and it seems to work as expected but I do not see the option to turn on heated seats or steering wheel.
Remote start will do that if you have it set that way in the car.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
FOB for me. The FOB works 100% of the time and you will need it if you valet the car. or you will have to give the valet your phone. same with letting someone else borrow the car.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
FOB for me. The FOB works 100% of the time and you will need it if you valet the car. or you will have to give the valet your phone. same with letting someone else borrow the car.
How often do you valet or let others drive the Mach - E?

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
How often do you valet or let others drive the Mach - E?
probably once every month or two. Not the only reason i will carry FOB. it totally doesnt bother me in my pocket (had a FOB in pocket for years) and it works 100% of the time, first time. doesnt even come out of my pocket

Last edited:

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
There is a valet mode that accomplishes this without the FOB. When you turn that mode on it will provide a door pin, and a numeric password to start the car, no FOB required. The main display is also restricted to only allow the password to start the car.

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
100% Key FOB for me. I set up phone (Android) as a key mainly to show my salesperson the process, but it's been completely unreliable for me so I gave up on it. I'm used to always having keys anyway so it's not really an inconvenience to carry the FOB. Honestly it's more of an annoyance that a feature that presumably was used to justify eliminating the second key FOB doesn't work properly for all.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
FoB, because my house key is attached to it and not my phone.
I've only had my MME for a day and a half but this seems like it's gonna be the answer for me. Even though I installed a smart lock in my condo door, I still have a fob that gets me into the common areas (gym, pool, parking garage). Since I'll be carrying my home fob at a minimum, I might as well bring my MME fob too.

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I use the fob. The Phone as a Key has not proven to be as reliable or convenient as the fob. I hate standing there waiting for the car to recognize the phone is near. It's quite embarrassing to keep kicking for the liftgate to open when my arms are full of stuff and the car just ignores me. :) The key fob works every time so I like that better.

In addition, I can't leave Fordpass running or it will keep causing the bluetooth to lose connection. So, if I want to be able to make and receive phone calls then FordPass has to be turned off. Lastly.....since the phone has to be connected to the internet in order for PaaK to work then that becomes a deal breaker for me.

I purchased 2 spare fobs so now I am good. ?
How much does a new keyfob cost? Unlike my tesla which works flawlessly every time, this thing is a mess. I got stuck in a parking lot the other day with the alarm blaring and I couldn't get it to stop because I kept getting that dreaded no keyfob detected message. Very annoying. I think I'm going to have to go this route too.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Fob only. Haven’t even attempted to setup Paak.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
I've only had my MME for a day and a half but this seems like it's gonna be the answer for me. Even though I installed a smart lock in my condo door, I still have a fob that gets me into the common areas (gym, pool, parking garage). Since I'll be carrying my home fob at a minimum, I might as well bring my MME fob too.
Sounds fobulous :)

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There is a valet mode that accomplishes this without the FOB. When you turn that mode on it will provide a door pin, and a numeric password to start the car, no FOB required. The main display is also restricted to only allow the password to start the car.
Sorry it does not. When you enter valet mode first thing it says across the screen is use FOB to valet. If you walk away with FOB and phone car will not shift out of park. l did not try to give him door code and start code, however car was already on, so not sure where you would enter start code. just easier for me to hand over a FOB

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
How much does a new keyfob cost?
That's a bit of a loaded question. I bought a new fob from the Ford parts site for $30, and the dealer ended up not charging me to pair it to the car. But they're currently out of stock.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...elated-parts/remote-control-system-13541623-1

They were $89.95 at carandtruckremotes.com, but have since gone up to $129.95.

https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/2021-ford-mustang-electric-smart-remote-4b.html

The cost to pair the fob to the car has ranged from zero to over $200, depending on your dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Almost 2 weeks in now, I use the PAAK and the wife has used both phone and fob. I have noticed that I can't get the foot activated liftgate to work with PAAK.
Foot activation works fine for me with PaaK as long as the phone isn't in my back pocket (body shielding). Is your profile set for the auto lift gate turned on in the settings?
Sponsored