Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I use them both. I go back and forth for convenience. I have issues with the car locking whenever I walk away, and I usually have the phone on me so the PAAK will unlock it for me. The FOB lives in my purse so it's with me when I leave the house. Just loving this vehicle!
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Fob only. Haven’t even attempted to setup Paak.
I would suggest setting up PaaK if only to allow a backup start code. No phone, no FoB, no problem, type in the passcode.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would suggest setting up PaaK if only to allow a backup start code. No phone, no FoB, no problem, type in the passcode.
I want the passcode too. But I'm gonna try and activate it through my old phone instead (then turn it off), and keep PAAK turned off on the phone I really carry. I'm just about to test that now and see if it works.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Sorry it does not. When you enter valet mode first thing it says across the screen is use FOB to valet. If you walk away with FOB and phone car will not shift out of park. l did not try to give him door code and start code, however car was already on, so not sure where you would enter start code. just easier for me to hand over a FOB
That feature must act differently when using the FOB, I didn't see a message like that at all. I think it would be pretty lame to require the FOB for valet purposes when they lean so heavily on using your phone. Ultimately I think we're both right.

If anyone else cares, it's on page 64 in the owners, however it specifically mentioned when using PaaK and not the FOB.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Do you use the fob or your phone for your everyday driving ScreenCrop-20210329-221659

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
The phone /fob is used to set up the valet code. The valet then uses the codes generated as you walk away with your fob/phone.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If anyone else cares, it's on page 64 in the owners, however it specifically mentioned when using PaaK and not the FOB.
Ah, that's probably why people are seeing different behavior with Valet mode. It sounds like if you activate Valet mode with PaaK and no fob, it works as expected, which makes sense because you wouldn't want to give a valet your phone. But if you activate Valet mode with your fob, it pops up a message saying to give your fob to the valet. I guess that makes sense.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Ah, that's probably why people are seeing different behavior with Valet mode. It sounds like if you activate Valet mode with PaaK and no fob, it works as expected, which makes sense because you wouldn't want to give a valet your phone. But if you activate Valet mode with your fob, it pops up a message saying to give your fob to the valet. I guess that makes sense.
Right, I'll have to test it out to confirm. I've only used the FOB when I took delivery this past weekend, once I got it home I setup PaaK and never went back to the FOB.

I've run into delays with my phone being detected to start the car a couple of times so far. I plan to stick with it for now, and hopefully figure out what the problem is, if it continues.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I use them both. I go back and forth for convenience. I have issues with the car locking whenever I walk away, and I usually have the phone on me so the PAAK will unlock it for me. The FOB lives in my purse so it's with me when I leave the house. Just loving this vehicle!
You can disable the walk away locking if you wish, I have.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
You can disable the walk away locking if you wish, I have.
Thank you - I sort of knew that was possible, but I haven't decided if it's a feature or an annoyance. Yesterday it reminded me I had left my phone in the car because I Did Not hear the chirp, so it goes both ways. I am still playing with that. I will decide my preference at some point and go with it. Right now I am still exploring all the various options and playing with them. We are still in the honeymoon stage. ;)

Reactions: ARK

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I still cannot use PAAK. Same errors for 6 weeks. Connectivity error after the copy/paste screen. Was hoping the OTA update would fix it, but have yet to receive it too. So FOB it is for me, sadly.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I use the fob. The Phone as a Key has not proven to be as reliable or convenient as the fob. I hate standing there waiting for the car to recognize the phone is near. It's quite embarrassing to keep kicking for the liftgate to open when my arms are full of stuff and the car just ignores me. :) The key fob works every time so I like that better.

In addition, I can't leave Fordpass running or it will keep causing the bluetooth to lose connection. So, if I want to be able to make and receive phone calls then FordPass has to be turned off. Lastly.....since the phone has to be connected to the internet in order for PaaK to work then that becomes a deal breaker for me.

I purchased 2 spare fobs so now I am good. ?
Same with me

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I've moved to using PaaK this past week and it has actually performed pretty well. Only one instance of a non-immediate unlock, and that only required 2 door-button presses, so not too bad.

Not sure if FordPass app updates are to thank or what. Haven't seen an OTA for my Mach-E yet...

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Since I finally got PAAK to work with the help of Ford, I am going Fob-less, and I feel a bit naked. It has worked flawlessly since Monday. We'll see how it goes.

Peugfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Linc MKX, 2021 MME Prem 4EX Infinite Blue
Country flag
That feature must act differently when using the FOB, I didn't see a message like that at all. I think it would be pretty lame to require the FOB for valet purposes when they lean so heavily on using your phone. Ultimately I think we're both right.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Do you use the fob or your phone for your everyday driving ScreenCrop-20210329-221659
Thanks for posting the page 64 info about valet code. It mentions needing an 8 digit start passcode!! I just got my Premium Ex4 Tues. I got PAAK set up, but when I got to entering backup start pass code I got stuck. I tried 6 digits and it said my security was weak so I tried cap and small letters and numbers and it said pw security was ok. So then it was not obvious to me how to enter this pw. There was no continue button etc. So I exited the screen by hitting settings tab but apparently it did not save my entry. Now with the mention of 8 digit pass code on p 64, I think I may have discovered what my issue was. It was obvious to me at that time what I was to do. So can anyone verify that 8 digits are required for the passcode? I will find out tomorrow.

The Mach E appears without defects after 4 days (knock on wood). PAAK works without any issues on my 4 yr old iPhone SE. The only issue was activating the car through my Ford Pass at the dealership. I just kept getting a spinning wheel. I drove home without the activation complete. When at home I activated the modem from my home wifi and not too much later I got a Ford Pass message my activation was complete. It was the first car for the sales person so we were both unsure what happened.

Charging at home at 240 volts worked fine but went to 100% when I had 95% maximum set on the big screen. But that is a subject for a different thread.