Do You Want Your Mustang Mach E to Make Sound?

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
I happened to stumble across a YouTube video of a dodge introduction of their new electric challenger. Apparently, their market differentiator is going to be that they’ve developed a manual transmission for the car, and they’ve developed a proprietary system for it to make very loud “electric motor/combustion motor revving” sounds. You’d have to hear it. It doesn’t sound precisely like an internal combustion engine, but it definitely sounds like someone was trying to synthesize the sound of an internal combustion engine - LOUDLY! If ford offered that kind of sound effect for the Mustang Mach E, would you use it? I sure wouldn’t. It was obnoxious.
No. Just no. Noise pollution days need to be behind us along with the associated dementia in large city mostly tailpipe pollution. I've had numerous occasions where I notice people slowing down or speeding up and rolling down their window just to listen to the absence of what they expect to hear. Time to leave foolish things in the past.
Sponsored

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The weird buzzing our cars already do is too much for me.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The weird buzzing our cars already do is too much for me.
You can replace the speaker with a resistor and get complete silence. I also hate the horrible fake noises and now mine is perfectly silent. It is so cool listening to the crackle of pebbles as the car silently rolls over them.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You can replace the speaker with a resistor and get complete silence. I also hate the horrible fake noises and now mine is perfectly silent. It is so cool listening to the crackle of pebbles as the car silently rolls over them.
That sounds out of my technical skill zone but it’s nice to know it is possible

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Because there currently isn’t a car that I want more.

Just because you don’t like something about the car doesn’t mean the solution is “why don’t you sell it…”

The software is buggy, 5 sec limit sucks, but I still enjoy the car despite these things.

Fix those two things and it would be damn near perfect for me. Luckily the software has been getting better.

EVERY car is a compromise.

But if someone else builds a better looking, faster, better driving car for near the same price? Yup, I’ll sell it.

Unfortunately that car doesn’t exist yet.

Now if they can keep the price of the Macan EV GTS reasonable……..
I was looking at the use case of 1500 miles rallies. FWIW, my 2012 Boss 302 was better looking and was much faster on the top end than the GTPE and did quite well on long distance "team speeding" events. If I weren't using the HOV lane, I would have bought another Boss 302.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
That sounds out of my technical skill zone but it’s nice to know it is possible
If you can drop the front undercarriage cover, you are technical enough to do it. But even that is a pain, so totally understand. I put a volume control on mine. That is a lot more involved.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I was looking at the use case of 1500 miles rallies. FWIW, my 2012 Boss 302 was better looking and was much faster on the top end than the GTPE and did quite well on long distance "team speeding" events. If I weren't using the HOV lane, I would have bought another Boss 302.
I should have noted *in the same class of vehicle.

IE small electric SUV.

Yes, there are better performance cars for the $$, just not better small SUVs.
Sponsored