Does anybody know what is the warranty for the battery on Mach e?

PSYOP Wing Man

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Lincoln Aviator
Country flag
Don't know how much a complete battery replacement will cost. Maybe in the $20k ballpark? The battery on MME isn't a single component -- it can be opened by an EV trained mechanic and the mechanic can replace the individual modules that are contained within the giant pack. That can reduce costs if only part of it has failed.

Also, I'm guessing extended warranties will be available from Ford and third parties, like usual. Stuff like this: https://libertybellauto.com/coverage/
Remember the battery has individual cell’s. I don’t think all the cells will need to be replaced. If they failed during the warrant period one at a time you should never have a major problem.

silverelan

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Remember the battery has individual cell’s. I don’t think all the cells will need to be replaced. If they failed during the warrant period one at a time you should never have a major problem.
A bad cell can't be pulled out easily and replaced in an EV like a AA out of your TV remote. Ford instead says that they can replace a bad module in the pack fairly easily. This helps keep costs down in the unlikely event the pack encounters an error or failure.