Does anyone else miss a paper Owner's Manual?

MachEMomE

First Name
Teri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE Premium
Country flag
I admit, I'm old school. Why, when I pull over in our new MachE, can I not locate the emergency flashers? There is no apparent red button. Why does the 'recirculate' feature on air flow constantly go off, even, I think, when I'm driving and just turned it on while driving! Do I have to stay in my car and look these answers up in the owner's manual, online, while in the car (not while drving, of course?? Or, find the answers on my computer, where I downloaded the electronic manual? I miss the old 400 pg. paper owner's manuals of days gone by!! With little photos or diagrams, etc.
And, while we are on this subject of true modernization, I REALLY miss the CD player too. Maybe this car is too high tech for us!! We never did own an MP3 player.....
Sponsored

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You should find the hazard switch before you leave the dealer...

Put the PDF on your phone, tablet, ...

Most cars no longer have manuals... Nothing has manuals any longer.

Time to change with the times.

OP
OP

MachEMomE

First Name
Teri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP

MachEMomE

First Name
Teri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should find the hazard switch before you leave the dealer...

Put the PDF on your phone, tablet, ...

Most cars no longer have manuals... Nothing has manuals any longer.

Time to change with the times.
Breaking up is hard to do......

ricojm

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I mean you could always print the PDF.
Hahaha, I did just that without looking at the page count….400+ pages later…4inches thick… man what a waste of a ream….

OP
OP

MachEMomE

First Name
Teri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hahaha, I did just that without looking at the page count….400+ pages later…4inches thick… man what a waste of a ream….
Maybe I'll rethink that Idea and stick with downloading it onto my tablet. Then I can read it like a book. Won't be quite the same, but oh well. Sign of the times.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I printed on 2-sided paper and put the 220 pages in a notebook. I did this before my MME was built and had plenty of time to read it.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Not really, don't they all come with one?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Does anyone else miss a paper Owner's Manual? PXL_20210409_165020594

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I admit, I'm old school. Why, when I pull over in our new MachE, can I not locate the emergency flashers? There is no apparent red button. Why does the 'recirculate' feature on air flow constantly go off, even, I think, when I'm driving and just turned it on while driving! Do I have to stay in my car and look these answers up in the owner's manual, online, while in the car (not while drving, of course?? Or, find the answers on my computer, where I downloaded the electronic manual? I miss the old 400 pg. paper owner's manuals of days gone by!! With little photos or diagrams, etc.
And, while we are on this subject of true modernization, I REALLY miss the CD player too. Maybe this car is too high tech for us!! We never did own an MP3 player.....
You can download the manual in PDF format. This format is ideal for printing. You can arrange for a printing company to print (2 sides) and bind the PDF.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ya know, I'm younger (28) and while I haven't driven probably as many vehicles as some here, I completely agree. I have always tried to learn as much as I can about my car and a manual that normally comes with a car is great! I can sticky note important information for emergencies, and thumb through it if I'm bored in the car or at home. I realize as some stated I could print out my own, but it just isn't the same as the nicely printed one from the factory. Some things should stay the way they are because it IS better than the tech version.

OP
OP

MachEMomE

First Name
Teri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I don't really miss paper manuals, because they haven gotten thicker and thicker over the years. My '18 Honda Odyssey was the first car I bought that didn't come with a copy of the paper manual, but I could request a free copy within six months. A year later I decided to request a copy, even though more than six months had passed they did send me a copy by mail. I actually regret requesting it: at a total of 763 pages it takes a large chunk of space in the glove compartment, but if I didn't keep it in the car there was no point to have it in the first place :) When not in the car I would rather read the PDF version which is easier to search, I can just print out the few pages I may ever need when on the road.
Sponsored