Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
No info, but I’m curious as well. This winter there were a few times where the car just blew cold air.

PaulP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Thank you for the update, I also encountered this problem a dozen times.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for the update, I also encountered this problem a dozen times.
I read another person on here that had their heater replaced with a new part. I wonder if this can be fixed with software, or if a hardware swap will be necessary.

Facebook Post

PaulP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you Gullwingdmc, I'll check the post out when I'm in the group. It happened when it's colder than -20ÂşC which is frequent where I live. If battery was preconditioned before leaving, I'd say I was good for an hour before it started to struggle with heating. But with a cold battery, it struggled as soon as I had to climb a hill or drive faster.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you Gullwingdmc, I'll check the post out when I'm in the group. It happened when it's colder than -20ÂşC which is frequent where I live. If battery was preconditioned before leaving, I'd say I was good for an hour before it started to struggle with heating. But with a cold battery, it struggled as soon as I had to climb a hill or drive faster.
Yeah for me if it was under 20° F it would struggle. I had to keep turning recirculate on and keep the fan speed around mid way.

One day I was driving home in light snow but sun freezing temps. The windshield wouldn’t stay warm enough so the snow kept freezing to the glass. Thankfully I had enough washer fluid to keep it clear otherwise I would have had to pull over. This wasn’t a blizzard either, it was just pretty snow.

PaulP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
About the windshield freezing or fogging, Ford already offers the solution in Europe, what they call "Quickclear" and is available on the Mach-E. I don't understand why it's not standard since Ford suggests using heated seat and steering wheel instead of actual heat to preserve the battery, but the windshield keeps fogging up if I turn down the heat. I already have this on my Volkswagen Atlas in Canada, so it is not a legal issue.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford already offers the solution in Europe, what they call "Quickclear" and is available on the Mach-E.
What is that? I don’t recall seeing it on the US version. I though I had heard the Mach e has a heated windscreen in Europe.

PaulP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is that? I don’t recall seeing it on the US version. I though I had heard the Mach e has a heated windscreen in Europe.
There's heated wires going through the windshield. It's not invisible, but it works and you get used to it. Ford already offers this in Europe, including on the Mach-E. For more information on this, follow the link.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I've driven a lot in the UK and love the heated windscreen. I don't know if it is true, but someone told me the heated windscreens aren't available in North America because of the safety regulations - something about heated windscreens don't shatter as safely in a crash. Another person told me it was because insurance companies didn't want to deal with the extra cost of windscreen replacement. Take your pick.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There's heated wires going through the windshield. It's not invisible, but it works and you get used to it. Ford already offers this in Europe, including on the Mach-E. For more information on this, follow the link.
I've driven a lot in the UK and love the heated windscreen. I don't know if it is true, but someone told me the heated windscreens aren't available in North America because of the safety regulations - something about heated windscreens don't shatter as safely in a crash. Another person told me it was because insurance companies didn't want to deal with the extra cost of windscreen replacement. Take your pick.
Yeah unfortunately that is not available on the US Mach-E. The only part of our windscreen that’s heated is the little bit in front of the camera that’s above the rear view mirror. Also we didnt get the matrix headlights, though that got approved this year so it will hopefully change soon.

camdenlake

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 f350 CCD 7.3, GT500, Gen1 Raptor, 2021 MME R1
Country flag
I read another person on here that had their heater replaced with a new part. I wonder if this can be fixed with software, or if a hardware swap will be necessary.

Facebook Post
Sadly after it got good and cold it did not fix it. It is better when in that -10c or warmer but below that it takes a dump and worse as its colder.