Does anyone know what this little flag and the 5 means on my dash?

pumasalad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e (red)
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
I've included a picture that shows what I'm looking at. On the dash display behind my steering wheel, right under the range indicator and above the batter level, there's a mysterious "5 mi" with a little racing flag next to it. Can anyone tell me what that means? I haven't seen it in picture of other people's dashes... Thanks in advance for any help!

IMG_1087.jpeg
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
5 miles until your set destination

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Nice max range from the guess-o-meter. Completely as a side note, unless you are about to embark on a long trip where you need your full battery (which maybe you were), Ford recommends not charging the battery beyond 90% for day to day use for purposes of battery longevity.

Reactions: DCW

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I've included a picture that shows what I'm looking at. On the dash display behind my steering wheel, right under the range indicator and above the batter level, there's a mysterious "5 mi" with a little racing flag next to it. Can anyone tell me what that means? I haven't seen it in picture of other people's dashes... Thanks in advance for any help!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Does anyone know what this little flag and the 5 means on my dash? IMG_1087
And now you may be wondering “wait, what destination?” Ford occasionally slips these secret destinations in. Think of them as Easter Eggs. You can clear it by going to Ford nav, starting a new session, and then cancelling it. There will be an OTA update to fix this issue coming Q2 2021.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
And now you may be wondering “wait, what destination?” Ford occasionally slips these secret destinations in. Think of them as Easter Eggs. You can clear it by going to Ford nav, starting a new session, and then cancelling it. There will be an OTA update to fix this issue coming Q2 2021.
I was expecting you to say that if you follow it to the Easter egg you will see a huge billboard for the next crappy Avengers movie. Yo must sit and look at the billboard for 20 seconds before you can continue your intended trip.

OP
OP
pumasalad

pumasalad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e (red)
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
"Easter Egg"... in video games is usually a bonus. in Ford it seems more like a bug. I have never used the Ford map, I only use CarPlay and my phone. Plus it always says "5 mi" regardless of where the car is. If I'm at home, or 200 miles from home. It always says 5 miles.

I'll go into the ford nav and set a destination and clear it and see if that takes care of the anomaly. thanks!

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
If you added your home to the sync navigation software then it randomly sometimes thinks you're on your way home, and tells you the distance to it.
But doesn't actually navigate.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Nice max range from the guess-o-meter. Completely as a side note, unless you are about to embark on a long trip where you need your full battery (which maybe you were), Ford recommends not charging the battery beyond 90% for day to day use for purposes of battery longevity.
I had 303 today with 90% max charge.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
"Easter Egg"... in video games is usually a bonus. in Ford it seems more like a bug. I have never used the Ford map, I only use CarPlay and my phone. Plus it always says "5 mi" regardless of where the car is. If I'm at home, or 200 miles from home. It always says 5 miles.

I'll go into the ford nav and set a destination and clear it and see if that takes care of the anomaly. thanks!
Correct.

noname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache
Country flag
There is a glitch in ford navigation system. They do not reset destination and it gets stuck there.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Aren't we in q3? ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I was expecting you to say that if you follow it to the Easter egg you will see a huge billboard for the next crappy Avengers movie. Yo must sit and look at the billboard for 20 seconds before you can continue your intended trip.
“Crappy Avengers Movie”? You, sir, apparently have no respect for Disney stock price. Mickey will be informed of this and he will NOT be pleased. ?

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
Ok, this clears up a recent phenomenon. Lately I would get in the car and start driving down the road and get a promp "there is a x minute delay on your route".... but I hadn't set any destination. I just never thought to look to see if there was a "flag" on the dash.