Does Departure Times Work Consistently for Anyone?

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Nothing in this car works consistently. Not even the heating and cooling.
Sponsored

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
The question is really about if maintaining the departure time schedule from the FordPass app works. It does not for me. I have found that if the car is remote-started, then it will work, but that is not a great solution.

SCP31

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e GT, 2015 Audi TT, 1968 Triumph
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Ford Pass App has been working better for most functions like PaaK and pushing a 100% charge, but Departure Times since December has not worked consistently. This morning I am trying to set a time and after 10 try's it will not take. It shows up in the Departure Times screen that the time is set but it doesn't show up in the box where you press to set the times. This is different than the original failure when it would just say FP not responding.

I am hoping if enough people respond negatively that Ford might actually try to fix this.
I've found that it helps to toggle Departure Times off before setting a new time. After completing the new time, I toggle back on and within a few seconds the new time shows up in the Departure Times window.

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Had issues early in ownership, and now works well for me. I don't mess with it often, just leave it set to pre-condition 2x per week when the wife is headed to work. A few weeks ago we went on a long trip and I added a pre-condition, then later removed it, from the app without issue. Knowing the inconsistency of this software, I will not be surprised if it "stops" working at some point in the future.

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When I first got mine in Feb it would not work from the app. I deleted the times from the app and then set them in the car and they have worked consistently since. Have not had a single issue so far.

PilotMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Moke, FRS, Prius, FJR, 1966 Shelby Mustang
Country flag
I've only used it about 20 times and it worked as expected. Warm was too warm.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The question is really about if maintaining the departure time schedule from the FordPass app works. It does not for me. I have found that if the car is remote-started, then it will work, but that is not a great solution.
Ford acknowledged breaking it as one of the updates was to try and fix it (as I recall). I can tell you that I set one in Jan or Feb and it did not work. For our last trip, I set it in the car, and made sure it was pulling juice when I woke up to not be surprised.

FordPass has issues in Apple that are different than in Android, and issues with phone A that maybe work fine with phone B. In short, it is not reliable at all.

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
Works about 80% of the time for me. 1-2 days/week it just doesn’t do anything despite being set correctly in FordPass, in vehicle, and being plugged in at home.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Yes, except for when the 4.1.x OTAs rolled out, then it lost its mind for a day or two. Ended up just re-doing them right in the car and they've worked flawlessly since.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The schedule works when it takes it is getting it to take that is the problem. No problem once you have one stored and will repeat over and over again. I am guessing everyone here that has said it is working flawlessly does not change it too much. Change it a few times and then come back and let us how if it is flawless.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
It depends on what we mean by consistently. In between OTA updates, when the times have been entered directly in the vehicle, I can count on it—nearly 100%. OTA updates sometimes do strange things to the schedule, so I always double check. And changing times in the app fails to sync correctly to the car maybe 1 time out of 3, so I don't even try anymore.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
As far as I can tell it has been consistent. The only times anyone complains about the car being cold in the morning is when I don't plug it in overnight. Kids are pretty good canaries that way.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It depends on what we mean by consistently. In between OTA updates, when the times have been entered directly in the vehicle, I can count on it—nearly 100%. OTA updates sometimes do strange things to the schedule, so I always double check. And changing times in the app fails to sync correctly to the car maybe 1 time out of 3, so I don't even try anymore.
I meant what I said same procedure produces a different result. Sometimes you need to push the door button once or twice or three times then sometimes you need to take your phone out to unlock it. Just an example of same procedure different result. Setting the departure schedule in the app or the car can be similar. If it sets (works once) it appears to be good.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
It would be nice to have a quick set, like a 30 minutes button or a one-time set, instead of having to go into the app, pick days, set times, etc etc. "Echo, tell 'Stang to wake up, I'm leaving in an hour" would be awesome.
Sponsored