Does everyone’s heater suck? Or just mine?

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Californian here where it finally hit 60F degrees in the morning (which is enough to freeze us!) Used my heater for the first time and noticed it was hardly pumping warm air after ~20 mins yet “climate use” was using about 15% at the end of my commute. E-Heat was turned on the entire time. I’ve heard of heating issues but didn’t know it affected the cabin—are the heaters supposed to suck in EVs? 2021 MME FE.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
The heater on my 2021 works great and comes on way faster than an ICE car in the winter.
The seat warmers in particular are the strongest I've ever seen. Previous cars, I would use all 3 bars on the seat warmer, with the MME I can only stand 1 bar before it becomes too hot.

Maybe have your dealer check it out, something sounds not right.

OP
OP
cbcasas

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The heater on my 2021 works great and comes on way faster than an ICE car in the winter.
The seat warmers in particular are the strongest I've ever seen. Previous cars, I would use all 3 bars on the seat warmer, with the MME I can only stand 1 bar before it becomes too hot.

Maybe have your dealer check it out, something sounds not right.
Yup, sounds like something is wrong here… Thanks for the response

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Californian here where it finally hit 60F degrees in the morning (which is enough to freeze us!) Used my heater for the first time and noticed it was hardly pumping warm air after ~20 mins yet “climate use” was using about 15% at the end of my commute. E-Heat was turned on the entire time. I’ve heard of heating issues but didn’t know it affected the cabin—are the heaters supposed to suck in EVs? 2021 MME FE.
you might wanna make sure your vents are open

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think there’s a TSB for the ac and or heat system. Mine was anemic last winter. I generally used the seat heat instead. Winter here is temps in the mid 40s to low 50s in the early mornings and highs of lie 60s. Not everyone lives on the coast. ;)

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
definitely sounds strange i went through north east winter no problems

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My understanding is that the PTC heater only produces enough heat for what's required. So if it's 0 degrees, it will be pumping very hot air, but if it's 60 degrees the air may be just luke warm.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Vents were fine. Blasted the AC successfully after to ensure it wasn’t the entire system.
hhhmmmmm, and when you open the climate control screen, the eHeat button is on ?

If you are not getting pretty decent heat, you probably do need a trip to the dealers.....

OP
OP
cbcasas

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My understanding is that the PTC heater only produces enough heat for what's required. So if it's 0 degrees, it will be pumping very hot air, but if it's 60 degrees the air may be just luke warm.
I’m hoping that’s the case. It was around 60 degrees out and the air wasn’t super hot, was maybe lukewarm. I’ll try again sometime soon on a colder morning. I’m only dragging my feet on taking it to the dealer because I’ve only had horrible experiences at my local service department.

OP
OP
cbcasas

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hhhmmmmm, and when you open the climate control screen, the eHeat button is on ?

If you are not getting pretty decent heat, you probably do need a trip to the dealers.....
Yes sir E heat was enabled

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Or as an alternative to taking it to a dealer, just drive it up north until outdoor temps are freezing and see if it behaves differently. (Don't forget your passport!) 😄

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Have you checked the heater fluid? A mechanic once told me I was low and topped it off for $50.

:cool:

Seriously.... turning on the heater at 60 degrees? You must live in coastal California. I remember living out there and having coldest winter temperature and the hottest summer temperature being only 60 degrees apart. Moved to Vegas and the swing is a full 100 degrees.
Sponsored