Does everyone’s heater suck? Or just mine?

OP
OP
cbcasas

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I am sorry, but is anyone else sitting here giggling at this SoCal folks getting chilly and needing the heater at 60F to 70F 😂. I typically keep the windows down until ~40F! (sometimes ~30F).
I told you, we’re a little delicate down here 😂
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I told you, we’re a little delicate down here 😂
To be fair - I probably wouldn't do well in your heat. Anything over ~75F or so is just too hot for me. ~70F if it is sunny out.

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just got my Mach E a few weeks ago and the heater gets super hot super quick!

OP
OP
cbcasas

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update from FordMoCo: they created a case for me and the rep encouraged me to use preconditioning and departure times to get the heater going. It seems like a great feature but I’m still stuck on why I can’t use my heater when I want to (yes, even when it’s a mild 65 degrees out). I’m also a remote worker and don’t have a solid departure schedule to set for the car.

To those with the same issue as mine… do you plan on taking it in to the dealer (I’m dreading this)? Or waiting to try it in colder weather? Kinda stumped on what to do @Neil4Real @ShaggySS

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Update from FordMoCo: they created a case for me and the rep encouraged me to use preconditioning and departure times to get the heater going. It seems like a great feature but I’m still stuck on why I can’t use my heater when I want to (yes, even when it’s a mild 65 degrees out). I’m also a remote worker and don’t have a solid departure schedule to set for the car.

To those with the same issue as mine… do you plan on taking it in to the dealer (I’m dreading this)? Or waiting to try it in colder weather? Kinda stumped on what to do @Neil4Real @ShaggySS
The Mach-E has a PTC heater, which is working as designed at 65 degrees. There‘s nothing to fix.

OP
OP
cbcasas

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Mach-E has a PTC heater, which is working as designed at 65 degrees. There‘s nothing to fix.
Ok, figures since none of the mornings have fallen under 65. I’ll test it when it’s colder out. Thank you for your help!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

I get that's how a PTC heater works, but it seems like I was getting the same warmth you were and I tried it in 89 degree weather. I'd think mine is probably fine if it was at least "warm-ish" when it was that hot out. I would think at 60/65 degrees, it should definitely be hot. I get people are making jokes because we're in California, but 60 degrees is chilly to us and it seems odd that a car can't get you warm? 60 degrees should still be plenty enough for a PTC heater to get the air to better than lukewarm...

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am sorry, but is anyone else sitting here giggling at this SoCal folks getting chilly and needing the heater at 60F to 70F 😂. I typically keep the windows down until ~40F! (sometimes ~30F).
I am with you on that with window down I don't even put on jacket till it's about 20 most the time just long sleeve shirt works

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
My quilted shirt is my heater. If the outside temp is above 50, no heat needed though I occasional de-fog as needed. Gets down right chilly below say 43 F. I tried the old still-air method. Works good as long as you don’t breathe 😂. I run e-heat as needed below 45. I can still average 3.5 mi/KWh on my daily commute.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I get people are making jokes because we're in California, but 60 degrees is chilly to us and it seems odd that a car can't get you warm?
It may be chilly to you, but I guess it’s not chilly to the car.

GadgetTech

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E Primium Shadow Black
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Something else you can try from someone who lives where it gets bellow zero is turning down the fan speed. For the AC I have it at two or three dashes for heater I keep it at one. It allows the air to more slowly blow over the heating element to heat it up and appears to help even down that low. It's worth a shot I think but maybe I'm just happy to have anything when its that cold.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Ok, figures since none of the mornings have fallen under 65. I’ll test it when it’s colder out. Thank you for your help!
FWIW... IIRC the best efficiency (range wise) is to use the seats and steering wheel.

I frequently drove that way last winter and supplemented w the e-heater mainly on the much colder days, or when my GF was passenger and asked nicely ;-). I had a blanket in the car for her for longer trips (first winter range discovery and L3 charger deserts).
Sponsored