Does the mach e qualify for the fed tax credit now?

cdambrosio

First Name
Cassie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don’t have a Mach e yet
Country flag
I’ve been reading through this forum and have seen comments saying it no longer qualifies for the $7500, but my salesperson said that it does. Does anyone know for sure? ( Of course providing salary falls in the right range )
If it does not I will cancel my order.
Sponsored

jason330i

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD
Country flag
I’ve been reading through this forum and have seen comments saying it no longer qualifies for the $7500, but my salesperson said that it does. Does anyone know for sure? ( Of course providing salary falls in the right range )
it still does at the moment. But could change in the future.

I would recommend not canceling until the final word.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Now, as in you will purchase the car before the end of 2022? Yes, it qualifies.

Nobody knows yet if it will qualify in 2023.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Because of the uncertainty, I will be looking for MSRP MME around my dealers because my 2022 Select order was pushed into 2023.

It would be nice if Ford can build and deliver a 2023 for those that got pushed - before the end of the year just to allay my fears of the new tax rules starting January 2023....

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag

mateo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
If you take possession of the car before January 1, 2023, then yes the $7500 tax credit applies assuming you have made enough money to pay $7500 in taxes. As an individual filer, that would be around $55k of taxable income (i.e., after other deductions).

But if you recently placed an order for a '23 Mach-E, then it seems very unlikely that you are taking ownership prior to January. That means the new rules will be in effect, and nobody (especially not your sales person) can tell you if the Mach-E will qualify.

I would wait to cancel your order until after when qualifying cars are announced, unless you really need that deposit back right now. However, you may want to place another order for a less expensive car or one more likely to qualify as a fall back option. You could then cancel that order if the Mach-E ends up qualifying.

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR, Kia Optima
Country flag
When I placed my order for my 2023 MME the salesman said he had been told the 23's will qualify. But reality is nobody knows right now. It might or it might not or it could fall in between and qualify for a partial credit. If I had to make a guess and thats all it would be I would say if will get a partial credit in 23 but not the whole $7,500. I hope I am wrong and it gets the whole tax credit but we will just have to wait and see.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
Interesting how to interpret what 2023 deliveries will qualify or not regarding battery with components sourced from a foreign entity of concern (China).....
Ford's batteries are from korea, LG Electronics LGE just as the motors

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
So no one really knows what tax credits (if any) or partial is going to happen for the MME ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So no one really knows what tax credits (if any) or partial is going to happen for the MME ?
Correct, not even Ford knows. And if anyone tells you that they know, they're lying, since the mineral and component requirements are going to rely on secretary guidance that hasn't been issued yet. There's not even a requirement that the guidance be issued next year.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The cells are actually from Poland.
Neither of which really matters. The assembly country of the car matters (North America), but not the batteries. What matters for the batteries is where the source materials come from, no matter where the batteries are made. And that's still unknown.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
No one knows like everyone else said. I know I've read the manufacturers are lobbying hard for waivers as well to ease the requirements at the start.

If you get one before the end of the year you are good. Next year is a complete unknown. I wouldn't cancel my order if it was me until there was certainty. I didn't want to leave it to chance so bought one off the lot at a dealer to secure the credit this year.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not yet anyway. Ford is surely scrambling right now to work with LG and SKI (their battery suppliers) to nail down the source materials situation. 40-50% of the materials have to come from approved countries. Just depends on where they get raw materials from, and whether they can reallocate enough to make US-approved cells. And how many.

It's a mess right now.
Sponsored