Does this work as a family car??

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
In response to your title https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...mach-e-its-2021-family-car-of-the-year.11923/

But yes, you'll have more width, cargo space and a frunk. I've done 4 passengers and a car seat with no issues. Wouldn't necessarily do it for a long road trip but it's perfectly fine around town. We also have a medium-sized dog who just likes to stand on the armrest so there's plenty of space for two more in the back and so we've never used the trunk for dogs.

On a side note if anyone has a dog that climbs on the armrest, I took this from my other car and it fits perfectly over our armrest.

AutofitPro PU Leather Center Console Armrest Protector Cover Pad for 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe https://a.co/d/fyCA6bz
Sponsored

OnceYouGo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD, Job 1
Country flag
I'm currently driving a VW GTI, with two kids (10 and 5) and a 40 pound dog in the backseat - it's getting tight!! Looking for something with more space and love the Mach-E, but is it going to give me any more room? Can anybody tell me how the car feels as an everyday car with kids in tow? Backseat and cargo space for weekend trips?
We have three kids under the age of six and two dogs, border collies. We can get everyone and all the stuff in the car no problem.

Nate880

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think it's a great family car. It can comfortably fit a rear facing car seat behind a 6'0" driver. We have 2 kids (2 & 8) and we have fit a friend's 80lb Lab next to the car seats for short trips. We have two dogs that like to sit on our laps for long road trips.
I feel I need to share a photo of a road trip we took to Lake Tahoe this past winter. Disclaimer: our little dog enjoyed driving briefly during stop and go traffic.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Does this work as a family car?? IMG-20220119-WA0001~2

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE ordered
Country flag
I traded in a 2018 golf r for my mme gtpe. It's bigger in almost every dimension, but I personally still want a bit more room. It's faster than the golf r, but you really feel the weight. Golf r's aren't known to be the lightest, snappiest cars, but compared to the mme it sure feels like it. Not to speak badly of the Mach e, it's amazing. But if you're a spirited driver, you'll definitely feel the weight. Comparing the suspension, even with the upgraded magneride which is significantly better than the normal setup, it's pretty bouncy and jiggly going over uneven bumps in the road. Most of this can be attributed to the weight, I think. The golf, in the softest setting, was firmer than the mme gtpe in it's firmest setting. Even then, the golf was more comfortable going over bumps due to how it absorbs them.

In short, it's a great family car as long as you only need a little more space. It's not huge. There are aspects of my golf that I miss, but I would still choose the MME over it any day.
Sponsored