Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Sad to see you go but I understand it completely. It’s been an absolute pleasure reading your posts and I would lie if I said I didn’t agree with your POV 99% of the time.
Thank you! I would be bored if everyone agreed with me. I definitely don't want that! I love the debate and banter and trust me I would stick around for more of it if I felt it was appropriate. I'm always looking for someone to change my mind.

Happy holidays and have a Merry Christmas!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I don't plan on it mostly because I can't stand that their vehicles look the same as they did 30 years ago.
No way, not a chance. Nada, zilch, nyet, non, nein, nope.

They look way worse.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Todd, I had a great (was it, really??) time working with you and a couple of other guys (Sam and Ben, not sure if they are around any more) trying to resolve that Bluecruise failure after doing FDRS updates. The one that turned out to be related to the IPC update that appeared to somehow break the face/eye recognition. It is always a pleasure to interact with really smart people.
As some of you may have read, I bailed out of my MMEGT about 18 months ago, and have been in a BMW i4M50 for last 13 months and 15k miles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Todd, I had a great (was it, really??) time working with you and a couple of other guys (Sam and Ben, not sure if they are around any more) trying to resolve that Bluecruise failure after doing FDRS updates. The one that turned out to be related to the IPC update that appeared to somehow break the face/eye recognition. It is always a pleasure to interact with really smart people.
As some of you may have read, I bailed out of my MMEGT about 18 months ago, and have been in a BMW i4M50 for last 13 months and 15k miles.
Yes those were some fun times. That's a huge part of what I miss around here.

How do you like the BMW?

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes those were some fun times. That's a huge part of what I miss around here.

How do you like the BMW?
We love it. It has been flawless, not a single issue nor day in service since purchase. Its much faster at highway speeds than the MMEGT, and about the same below 60mph. The ride is way smoother, with fabulous damping, little harshness, etc. Kind of opposite of the MMEGT which rides like absolute dog@#$ comparably, particularly in the rear seats. I do prefer the exterior appearance of the MMEGT to the BMW, and of course the room in the back seat and cargo area is superior in the Ford as well.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I'm still loving my $160, 13 lbs buckwheat pillow thanks to you! Take care!
Well now ai gotta google.. lol

I appreciate your insight and will miss it. I’m with you on buying into the ‘hobby’ of getting knee deep in new tech. I tend to do the same and my wife hates it. I usually only spend a year in something before it starts being the beginning of the end for it. I’m starting to see those same tell tale signs in the wind (forum). The part where it’s gotten well enough to be decent, but no longer a challenge or interesting, or has become a pain and its time to hit the eject button.

iI often have a love hate relationship with mine (mostly because I tell myself the GTPE is so much better than the Prem, but realistically it’s a trade off and I’d give up range for magnaride and then have to be stuck with only those 3 settings to adjust to my ride liking.) I strangely still want the MME and want to plunk down even more money on another one for some reason. Probably just for the challenge.

Thanks again for your time and efforts.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sad to see you go. some others who have been on this forum from almost the beginning like you have left and we have lost a great deal of wisdom and knowledge.

I guess the changing of the guard always happens but sad at the same time.

didn’t always agree 100% with your non car commentary but you were always thoughtful in your approach.

after seeing all your car issues, makes me nervous to keep my car, LOL.

for the most part my issues have been small and getting new HVBJB Jan 4. I haven’t had a failure yet and my luck will probably have the new one fail since I still don’t believe they have fully resolved this problem as that part continues to fail on newer cars.

I too will be moving to a new EV and still deciding wether to keep the MME or sell it.

best of luck to you.
We have been extraordinary lucky with our GTPE in 18500 miles. One OTA at delaer. Recall on connector set for Feb. Rental car supplied and short trip to dealer. Could never see selling it. At 75 we both enjoy both ev wifes 2023 Model Y AWD long range.
Might wait on the Graviy but rumor has it the $79900 is for base model 350 mile range another $6000 for 440 range. If true may just buy model x AWD long range and full tax credit drops price to $73500. New red paint was $3000 option now included in base. Looks like my 06 Jeep 7 seat Commander with 51000 miles may find a new home. Good luck.

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
Thanks for the help you gave me, Todd. I’m moving on as well.

I ordered my GTPE from a local, family owned dealer with a great reputation. By the time it was delivered, the dealer was bought out by clueless conglomerate.

The service sucked pond water. It took six weeks and ten lies to replace the HVBJB. The next failure had 284 trouble codes - massive brain fart or uncleared codes from an inept tech.

I miss seeing the car go away but Ford stepped up and gave me a full buyback. I was truly fortunate considering the financial stories from others.

Two weeks after Ford gave me the check, Rivian asked me if I was interested in a “declined” (buyer couldn’t afford it) R1S.

Awesome vehicle. Gold-standard DC chargers. Customer support (so far) that actually cares.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Todd, thanks for all the content over the last several years. Good Luck with the Rivian!!!

stevec73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Todd,

You will be sorely missed. You’re a true expert and trusted resource here. I hope you do stop back in like you said you will. I’d be very interested in your Rivian experience. The R1S is my GF’s dream car. Thanks for all of your help and advice.

—Steve

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I ordered my GTPE from a local, family owned dealer with a great reputation. By the time it was delivered, the dealer was bought out by clueless conglomerate.

The service sucked pond water. It took six weeks and ten lies to replace the HVBJB. The next failure had 284 trouble codes - massive brain fart or uncleared codes from an inept tech.
You and I share the same dealer as we've discussed in DM's many times. They are a huge black eye on the Ford name and I'm not sure why Ford wants anything to do with that company.

Two weeks after Ford gave me the check, Rivian asked me if I was interested in a “declined” (buyer couldn’t afford it) R1S.
Your Rivian Blue R1S looks great! Let me know when you're free after the holidays and we'll have to get together and let our R1T/R1S meet!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
Thanks @DevSecOps for all your contributions to this forum. You will definitely be missed. I personally thank you for your post and info on HVBJB, as it got my family through the process smoothly and helped calm our nerves when our car had the issue with less than 2k miles.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Thanks for your contributions here Todd. You showed me how to update my car using FDRS and you've been a great help to the forum at large. Like you, I can be annoying AF at times and people just need to either live with it or skip our posts. Unlike you, I've been involved in a couple of other car forums for a little while (ClassicalPontiac since the '90s, the Gen1 K/5 forum in the '00s). There's a mix of fanbois, enthusiasts, trolls, and plain, old curmudgeons on all of these forums. Some forums seem to have more of one type than another (also seems to depend on the way the wind is blowing). Enjoy your R1T, your Model3P, and your buckwheat pillow. Oh, stay away from goats too! 🤪🐩
Sponsored