Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here's a question: do the exterior door buttons work after a crash like this? If I'm in a crash, I want to know if a bystander would be able to open the door to help me and my kids get out.
Thats been a concern with all cars that have electric door releases. The other issue is some cars have shatter prof glass windows. Harder to smash for thieves, but harder for first responders and the public to smash to get you out.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It does work! Funny thing is that it didn't before. o_O
news story on The Verge or some other such high quality site tomorrow: "Mach-E Owners Report Rollover Crashes Improve PaaK"

KKsNewBaby

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Premium, Infinite Blue, AWD, Extended
Country flag
Is that right front passenger side damage be from the rollover, or did it side swipe something first?

It is weird the way the dash expanded up and down, almost like the cabin was squashed side to side to side, but there is seemingly no front impact damage.

(I want the driver's display to investigate the hum)
That would be my guess...that they were hit on the passenger side prior to the rollover, but that's not a given. From my experience, the damage will be more evident on the side that took the brunt of the impact and rolled first (driver's side, it appears in this case). As others have mentioned, the frame held up and protected the cabin, which is very important in a rollover.

TheCats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y5Z
Country flag
Hmmm, Porsche floor mat and apparently a single car roll-over accident...

It's easily totaled. Salvage shops are drooling over it. The market hasn't been established yet, but the usable parts might sell for the replacement cost of an undamaged car.

The part-out value is complicated by most replacement parts being provided by Ford under warranty. But road damage to otherwise-warrantied parts isn't covered, and those parts are expensive and perhaps unavailable through Ford. Bidders are sharpening their pencils.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Do we *know* any details about the nature of the accident? I've seen a lot of speculation, don't recall seeing any details from owner or anyone claiming to be in the know.
Exactly what you said. No, we don't know the details of the accident. Kind of wild to just ASSUME that the driver of the Mustang was at fault. Sometimes there's nothing you can do. Maybe the driver was ran off the road by a semi, on the highway, going the speed limit. My husband was just in an accident in his Mini Cooper Countryman PHEV (only had it a month) and it was totaled. Someone ran a stop sign right as he was going through the intersection. He had but 1/2th of a second to react. It was so fast and out of his or the vehicle's control, that the collision prevention system didn't even have time to kick-in.

TL;DR: Don't assume, @Raymondjram

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I don't have any information. Thanks to MPMOORE1979 for posting this in another Mach e form.... One less first edition mach e. The people are OK.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.51 AM.png
ouch! I certainly hope no serious injuries!

I wonder what the Salvage Yard/Insurance company would want for it as-is? I'd be pretty tempted to buy and pull the useful parts!

batteries, motors, etc.
I'd give some serious thought to using the stuff in a conversion project....

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I don't have any information. Thanks to MPMOORE1979 for posting this in another Mach e form.... One less first edition mach e. The people are OK.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.52.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.29 AM.png
Anyone else notice the perfectly intact rapid red Mach-E in the background of the third photo?

Hard to imagine that an owner(s?) with 2 Mach-E's wouldn't be on this forum...

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Most times I left the Anti-Tesla stuff go, understanding this is a Ford Mach-E forum. Yet, just consider if the people in that accident read your post with you making a joke about it.

Not funny then...