Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
At the end of the day, it's a vehicle, and it's replaceable (maybe not with an FE, but who knows). It did what it was designed to do, and that is to transport passengers and protect them in the event of a crash. Considering how bad this crash looks, if they walked away, then I think this should solidify that this is a well built vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It looks like they won't need their "pony" sculpture from Ford anymore. I'll give them $50 for it.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
At the end of the day, it's a vehicle, and it's replaceable (maybe not with an FE, but who knows). It did what it was designed to do, and that is to transport passengers and protect them in the event of a crash. Considering how bad this crash looks, if they walked away, then I think this should solidify that this is a well built vehicle.
I agree that the Ford designers and engineers did their job, but the driver failed to protect the car by speeding and losing control. It is his direct loss and one less Mach-E on our roads.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
I don't have any information. Thanks to MPMOORE1979 for posting this in another Mach e form.... One less first edition mach e. The people are OK.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.52.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.29 AM.png

[SARCASM MODE ON] I can see Tesla fan boys starting to talk about bad body panel gaps on the MME [SARCASM MODE OFF]

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Glad the occupants are OK. Most important outcome.

Must have been a very nasty situation for a MME to roll-over given the weight of the battery pack at the bottom of the car. Sort of like flipping a paperweight.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Glad the occupants are OK. Most important outcome.

Must have been a very nasty situation for a MME to roll-over given the weight of the battery pack at the bottom of the car. Sort of like flipping a paperweight.

The dynamics are different than with a front ICE car!

And depending on how the crash occurred and at what speed, the battery weight might create a "swing" in the rolling pattern.

Always scary to see accidents like these, but reassuring to see that the MME is well built, the cabin stayed fairly untouched. And there's no blood in the car (that can be seen) so the occupants were using their seatbelts and they got protected by the airbags

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I agree that the Ford designers and engineers did their job, but the driver failed to protect the car by speeding and losing control. It is his direct loss and one less Mach-E on our roads.
Do we *know* any details about the nature of the accident? I've seen a lot of speculation, don't recall seeing any details from owner or anyone claiming to be in the know.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
WOW! :eek: Glad the occupants were ok.

On the plus side... the rear wiper appears to be completely unscathed. I can see the ad listing now "For sale, cheap!: Mustang Mach-E First Edition, Grabber Blue. Slightly used. Very low miles."

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Having
1. been a claims adjuster and 2. rolled a car (neither were pleasant experiences!), I concur that it was likely a rollover. The vertical scratches above the driver-side door as well as what looks like lateral crushing of the pano roof are the giveaway. Glad to hear that the people are ok! Rollovers are scary AF!
Is that right front passenger side damage be from the rollover, or did it side swipe something first?

It is weird the way the dash expanded up and down, almost like the cabin was squashed side to side to side, but there is seemingly no front impact damage.

(I want the driver's display to investigate the hum)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wow! That's quite a few MMEs that have been accidented already. Glad occupants are ok but sucks to see. I am curious to know what happens in this case. Does the insurance try to get them another FE or do they settle for a premium.
None of the above for the most part. The insurance company will pay the precrash value of the car.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Here's a question: do the exterior door buttons work after a crash like this? If I'm in a crash, I want to know if a bystander would be able to open the door to help me and my kids get out.
Sponsored