OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I was wondering about that too...trying to figure out where/how it got hit to spare the passenger side but trash all driver-side surfaces. Can't imagine a car this bottom-heavy would roll, but who knows? Certainly looks like an impact came down on passenger side front wheel though.
I'd guess that it rolled, easiest explanation for that damage pattern, and that would also answer my earlier queston about why the front airbags don't look like they deployed.
Sponsored

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
I was wondering about that too...trying to figure out where/how it got hit to spare the passenger side but trash all driver-side surfaces. Can't imagine a car this bottom-heavy would roll, but who knows? Certainly looks like an impact came down on passenger side front wheel though.
Passenger side has lesser but significant damage, and it does look like a rollover all kidding aside.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It does look like a roll to my untrained eye. Given the forces involved to flip a car with that much mass that low to the ground, it's a testament to modern safety standards that the occupants came out of that wreck OK. Excited to see what kinds of safety ratings the Mach E gets when the IIHS is done crushing theirs.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Glad they are ok....I need a sync 4 APIM to play around with, wonder what junkyard it is going to. Those parts are like gold still.

KKsNewBaby

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Premium, Infinite Blue, AWD, Extended
Country flag
Having
1. been a claims adjuster and 2. rolled a car (neither were pleasant experiences!), I concur that it was likely a rollover. The vertical scratches above the driver-side door as well as what looks like lateral crushing of the pano roof are the giveaway. Glad to hear that the people are ok! Rollovers are scary AF!

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sad to see such a new car destroyed. But sh** happens. Hoep no injuries etc.

Anyone knows if the Mach-e body is Aluminium, or Iron/Steel?

I wonder if the battery pack is still good to be useful for something. That is a good chunk of money I'd think.

OP
OP
mburtsvt

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like how another red MME came to render aid to his fallen comrade.
That was the car of the person who took the pictures. His friend at the tow yard told him about it and he came down and took pictures.

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
Does anyone know what they do with the battery packs? I wonder if they can be/will be recycled....it make a sweet power cell for a home :)
Sponsored