Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
Admin addendum - also see: Ice Slippage / loss of traction wreaks havoc! Error messages keep popping up

Help help help!

So decided to do some wheel 360 spinning on wet grass AND it broke allot of functions with error messages, driver modes cannot be selected, one pedal function error, adaptive headlight error, collision error and few others. How on earth doing a bit of 360 on wet land can break so many things! Has similar happened to anyone else? Not like i submerged the whole car in off road muddy water or anything?‍♂
Video of my doing attached, should this have really done damage? Seen plenty of people doing the same in snow.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Donuts / spinning in wet grass and losing traction broke my car?‍♂️ Screenshot_20220115-161347_FordPass

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Maybe those errors are temporary and will go away. But it is very strange. I don't see why it should do that either.

OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
Sounds like sensors got covered up by grass/debris?
It maybe did, but i washed the car immediately and went for a 4 mile drive after, errors still there.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
You saying thay dealer cannot sort?

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few min? It’s possible traction control got really confused and freaked out which can lead to all the driver aids not working.
I’ve seen similar complaints when people take fancy AWD systems off-roading.
The vehicle should be smart enough to not allow over reving of the motors but who knows.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
When you make your warranty claim at the dealer be sure and show them the video so they have more to go on. Actually send it to @Ford Motor Company along with your VIN before you go to the dealer. That way they can be brainstorming about the problem ahead of time and can save you time once you arrive at the dealer.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Hooners gonna pay! The very first time I stepped on the throttle hard in wet grass in my STA Adrenalin, the force of the AWD engagement told me.. “Don’t do that again”.

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
When you make your warranty claim at the dealer be sure and show them the video so they have more to go on. Actually send it to @Ford Motor Company along with your VIN before you go to the dealer. That way they can be brainstorming about the problem ahead of time and can save you time once you arrive at the dealer.
come on man

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I hope the only thing broken is the software…. I can see where over reving the motor(s) could be a problem but Whatever the problem, surely someone in the testing regimen had done this.

OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
I'm not following you?
You are trying to be "funny" @nvabill . At the end if the day, if and electric car cannot do couple doughnuts without being broken it should not be called a car, icy and slippery condition can happen in normal life conditions, if the car is not capable of some wheel spinning it should not be called a "car". Surely aircrafts are tested for turbulence, boats for larger waves. Any car ev, 4x4 or on 3 wheels should be tested in many weather and road conditions.people here have reported similar issues but just wheel spinning in snow. So dont need to try to be smart about an actual problem thry should sort. Unless you actually mean it?