Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Too funny and no, I definitely was not tattling on the OP, he was the one that made his deal public with a video. I mean in all seriousness he had already posted a video on a public forum that we all know is followed by Ford. All I did is say he should show it to Ford because honestly it may give them some insight as to what actually caused the fault codes. Like some have said it's no different then getting stuck in the snow and I don't think Ford would have a problem with that.
It totally came off that way. Too bad it wasn’t your intention because it was hilarious and totally fits with the forums demeanor haha.
in all honesty I can see a dealer trying to void a warranty for this simply because they don’t want to deal with it. Should it be voided? No, that’s a little ridiculous. Would I ever show my dealer this video? Absolutely not ?.

OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
All jokes to side,ibroke it or not, no car old,new,electric or ICE should break after couple doughnuts. It should be tested in all different conditions, if something like this is a warranty void then this is my last Ford ever. I have emailed dealer with the issues and it is going in for warranty work on 25th as going in deep sleep all the time. I will keep you updated with the outcome. I dont intend to hide what i did as i still dont see crime in it, this has happened to several people now NOT doing doughnuts but genuine driving in mud or on ice so Ford should be seriously looking at sorting whatever is causing it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
All jokes to side,ibroke it or not, no car old,new,electric or ICE should break after couple doughnuts. It should be tested in all different conditions, if something like this is a warranty void then this is my last Ford ever. I have emailed dealer with the issues and it is going in for warranty work on 25th as going in deep sleep all the time. I will keep you updated with the outcome. I dont intend to hide what i did as i still dont see crime in it, this has happened to several people now NOT doing doughnuts but genuine driving in mud or on ice so Ford should be seriously looking at sorting whatever is causing it.
It’s highly unlikely you actually broke something doing that.

Like 95% of the Mach E issues, likely just a software fix.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Car didn’t careen into a group of onlookers after a car show. #notarealmustang

OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
Why would anyone do that?
Why not? It's a car. if noone would ever do that a name for doing it "doing a doughnut" would not exist. I bet people who live in countries with lots of snow have all tried it at least once. Not like i ha e done something really bad, i am proud how my doughnuts look actually.lol

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
It’s designed to be driven as a car, wheel slip or whatever is probably not the issue. The safety features are the issue, you’ll want to reset the computer, doing donuts with all the safety features on makes the car think it careened out of control and wrecked.

this is 100% doing something out of tolerance. There are all kinds of sensors and the car thought you were in a very dangerous situation. It performed as designed, if you did a donut in traffic it’s bad, if you did a couple donuts youde probably wreck in some way.

it’s most likely software, just pull the 12v for a few hours and let it reset.

Last edited by a moderator:

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I know it is probably totally apples and oranges, but my Raptor threw a whole bunch of codes like that, and more, due to a faulty ABS wheel sensor. Perhaps some mud got slung into your sensors and could be causing issues.

JimmyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I know it is probably totally apples and oranges, but my Raptor threw a whole bunch of codes like that, and more, due to a faulty ABS wheel sensor. Perhaps some mud got slung into your sensors and could be causing issues.
If this is the case, with OBD2 dongle you can read the actual speed reported by ABS sensors at each wheel, using Car Scanner Elm Obd2 app (iOS or Android).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Donuts / spinning in wet grass and losing traction broke my car?‍♂️ 12329

Ford Mustang Mach-E Donuts / spinning in wet grass and losing traction broke my car?‍♂️ 12929

ttfr.honcho

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E RWD Extended Range, 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Country flag
Ford seems to struggle a bit with this. The E-Diff on my 2015 GT threw all kinds of errors at it's first couple Autocrosses, when it was new, but Ford looked at it and reset some software, updated it, and it stopped occurring. No way Ford is going to void a warranty for some slippage. A couple years ago, GM employees were abusing a turbo Camaro at Solo Nationals in F-Street. These are their customers.

OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
My thread has also now landed on Mach-e face ook page, not that i am to happy about that as this thread was for advice seeking purposes, now landed on social media with the link to the video?‍♂

Simosi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Auris
Country flag
I've had all these same error messages after driving through Italy in the heat, small windy roads uphill. They didn't go away until the dealer did software updates on all the modules. The car basiclly still works, but all driver aid systems have given up....
Sponsored