Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Is it just me, or would others also like to have some sort of trim to cover the exposed metal of the interior of the bottom of the doors? It's both unsightly and more importantly the corner of the door can be, shall we say, rather uncomfortable when it smashes into your shin - for instance if you're trying to close the door on a steep hill. While most cars have just an inch or so of this exposed metal, the MME has about 6 inches due to the thickness of the battery. I think this increases the chances for mishap and my shin agrees.

@AOSK, care to take to the challenge?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Door bottom interior protection trim IMG_4389.JPG
Sponsored

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Car companies sometimes design the doors that way to protect the lower door jam area from dust and dirt so you don’t get your clothes dirty climbing in. I don’t personally care for it, but it’s pretty common. The other vehicle that has it is Lexus RX and dealers market it as a feature :)

OP
OP
JohnFoxeSheets

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Car companies sometimes design the doors that way to protect the lower door jam area from dust and dirt so you don’t get your clothes dirty climbing in. I don’t personally care for it, but it’s pretty common. The other vehicle that has it is Lexus RX and dealers market it as a feature :)
I agree it's not uncommon to have the metal exposed (though I never heard of it described as a feature, but I've also never had a Lexus), but most cars don't have 6 inches of exposed metal. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if others are bothered by it and if so if anyone has a solution.
Sponsored