Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm experience an issue with the door buttons. I know this has been expressed before and forums I don't know if it's the same issues that other people have been having but I wondered if anybody has any insight. The issue happens when I lock the car walk away and come back five minutes later to open the car I push the button and nothing happens I push the button again and nothing happens. I push the button a third time and then the door finally opens.

Now I have the key fob in my hand at the time and I also have the Ford pass app open on my phone and location services turned on to always to make sure that the car sees both the phone and the fob and maybe this is an issue having both so close to each other or if it's something else going on.

If anybody has any insight into this particular thing let me know the GT was built and delivered in 2021 built in August delivered in October I believe it's the second build around it came with updated software etc. and to keep fobs.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Many issues with the doors not wanting to pop open. Most can be fixed with an SSM at the dealership or by disconnecting your 12v batteryā€™s negative cable for a few seconds. Kind of gives the car a hard reboot and seems to straighten out the door modules.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'm experience an issue with the door buttons. I know this has been expressed before and forums I don't know if it's the same issues that other people have been having but I wondered if anybody has any insight. The issue happens when I lock the car walk away and come back five minutes later to open the car I push the button and nothing happens I push the button again and nothing happens. I push the button a third time and then the door finally opens.

Now I have the key fob in my hand at the time and I also have the Ford pass app open on my phone and location services turned on to always to make sure that the car sees both the phone and the fob and maybe this is an issue having both so close to each other or if it's something else going on.

If anybody has any insight into this particular thing let me know the GT was built and delivered in 2021 built in August delivered in October I believe it's the second build around it came with updated software etc. and to keep fobs.
first, it can confuse the car if you have BOTH Fordpass/PAAK running and Fob in your pocket. I've found it works best to commit to one, or the other. I've have very consistant luck with PAAK for months now, and the Fob wrapped in several layers of Foil and hidden inside for Emergency and/or Valet parking.

it can take a little longer than you might expect for the MME to notice you walked up.... sometimes goes a little faster if you have phone OR Fob (but not both) in hand close to door button as you push.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
first, it can confuse the car if you have BOTH Fordpass/PAAK running and Fob in your pocket. I've found it works best to commit to one, or the other. I've have very consistant luck with PAAK for months now, and the Fob wrapped in several layers of Foil and hidden inside for Emergency and/or Valet parking.

it can take a little longer than you might expect for the MME to notice you walked up.... sometimes goes a little faster if you have phone OR Fob (but not both) in hand close to door button as you push.
Why ā€œnot both?ā€

Thatā€™s a little hard to avoid when you use the fob. I always have my phone with me and am a fob user.

That said, I never have needed to take them out of my pocket.

At most I have hit the button twice to unlock. And honestly sometimes itā€™s because I donā€™t push the button hard enough.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had this happen a few times early on.(2 months ago).
the dealer asked where my fob is when I am pressing the latch. It is in my thick leather purse . tried it with my fob out of the purse and it works flawlessly. Works fine now. (GTPE) go figureā€¦the thick leather? He commented the key may have been too low to the ground. I dunno, it doesnā€™t make senew, but I now hold my purse up higher. No prob.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Why ā€œnot both?ā€

Thatā€™s a little hard to avoid when you use the fob. I always have my phone with me and am a fob user.

That said, I never have needed to take them out of my pocket.

At most I have hit the button twice to unlock. And honestly sometimes itā€™s because I donā€™t push the button hard enough.

you asked what would help..... those are my suggestions. It may be anecdotal, but when I had both PAAK running via Fordpass on phone and Fob in pocket the car seemed to take longer to figure out which to connect with.

similarly, I have much higher success with PAAK opening door with phone out of my back pocket and in the hand I hit the button with. I have it out regardless because I have had WAY better luck with PAAK starting the car if I put my phone in the tray under the center console than if I leave it in my left pants pocket.

I have wrapped my Fob in a couple layers of tin foil, hidden it in the cabin for Emergencies, and/or valet parking.... and been using PAAK without error for months now.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It says in the manual it may take a few seconds for your vehicle to wake up after you press the button, I've always thought this was normal.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have the opposite delay when trying to "lock" the door with my finger on the lock area.
Sponsored