Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Door module replaced....nothing fixed.
You probably need a new door presenter or latch rather than the control module. It should be easy to determine that from the trouble codes.
Sponsored

mawkee_owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Just had the "Door fault service required" error about a week ago. It was consistent the first day each time I would turn on the car, it would appear within 2 mins or so of starting. The next day it happened on first startup and then just went away.

Late 2022 GT, 2000 miles, 3.5.4 and no updates before or since. Seems to be no reason why this came and went. I tried testing various doors to see if one was the trigger, but no pattern found.

I was about to schedule service but then the error just disappeared and since waits are a few weeks just to get a diagnosis, I am not going to do anything at this point unless it comes back.

Anyone else just have their error disappear for no reason?

Swanlee

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
System Admin
Country flag
Yea ours stopped happening as well out of nowhere

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum; 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
My wife just got this for the first time this morning on her 21 Mach-E Premium AWD. We have been having an unsually warm winter till this morning, which we are back to the usual 15F. She was parked in the garage, which is a little warmer, though it came on, when she was driving.

The funny thing is my BLIS/reverse sensors on my 22 Lightning seem to be going crazy as well and that started a couple days ago.

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
This message started for me following the 4.1.2 update. No question it was the update. Car has 24k miles, almost 2 years old, and has been bug free since I first got it. Everything else is fine (other than very unreliable Departure Times) and you can just acknowledge the error and it goes away. But, this shouldn't be, and taking it to the dealer for this is very inconvenient. I am hoping when 4.1.3 comes in it clears it.

PappuMal

First Name
Pappu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Country flag
Started getting the error yesterday. Door fault error on starting the car and hill assist fault warnings while slowing down

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Started getting the error yesterday. Door fault error on starting the car and hill assist fault warnings while slowing down
Good morning! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info and I'll look into this error message for you. Thanks!

schorzy21

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Occupation
Health Care
Country flag
Looks like I am now a part of the door fault group. Got my first one this weekend and it won't go away. Called my Ford dealer and they are out over a month before they can look at it. New this morning is now my chime sounds normal when I first get in the car and then it transitions to a distorted version of the chime as if it was remixed for a techno song. (Sorry best way to describe it) My first time hearing that, thought it may be related to the auto headlight bug but turning the lights off and back on did not fix it. Next time getting into the car same wierd chime sound played.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
After five weeks in the shop for the rear hatch on video opening on its own, pano glass and front glass recall, my MME was returned with door faults. The dealer told me Ford said to return the car broken. The service receipts do not list any troubleshooting for the door faults. Every time I start the MME the fault appears. Very frustrating. I cannot wait to get rid of this car.

Besides my 1987 Mustang GT this is the worst experience with a new vehicle. I should have learned with my first Ford. This will be my last. Ford don't bother asking for my VIN, as with PaaK and the ghost opening of my rear hatch not much materializes except for a painful long-drawn-out experience.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After five weeks in the shop for the rear hatch on video opening on its own, pano glass and front glass recall, my MME was returned with door faults. The dealer told me Ford said to return the car broken. The service receipts do not list any troubleshooting for the door faults. Every time I start the MME the fault appears. Very frustrating. I cannot wait to get rid of this car.

Besides my 1987 Mustang GT this is the worst experience with a new vehicle. I should have learned with my first Ford. This will be my last. Ford don't bother asking for my VIN, as with PaaK and the ghost opening of my rear hatch not much materializes except for a painful long-drawn-out experience.
Mine has been coming up for 43 days and counting. First was weeks for an appointment to tell you what they could see when it is sitting at your home or a few minutes in the shop. Next they tell you it is a part they will order. I have not even been schedule yet to fix it.

Everything takes months here. You hear a couple of stories from some here about how they had their HVJB done in a week and they are all happy with the service only being inconvenienced for a week to replace an under designed part Ford left them with to fail. My hvjb took 4.5 months. It may happen in a week but only for the selected few not the norm.

I understand many will think twice about buying another Ford again after what has been seen to date. Mine is just over two years old and there has always been something wrong with the vehicle every day I have had it (not counting the months in the shop). I have a service file at this point that is thicker than vehicles I owned for 10 years. The extend of problems, crappy software and it takes forever to get warranty work done does not make for ya I want to do that again. Almost like Ford has informed dealers to slow up the warranty work. From what we has seen from Ford to date would not put it past them. Is what it is and we all learn from experience. No sense getting mad will not help the situation at all.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Looks like I am now a part of the door fault group. Got my first one this weekend and it won't go away. Called my Ford dealer and they are out over a month before they can look at it. New this morning is now my chime sounds normal when I first get in the car and then it transitions to a distorted version of the chime as if it was remixed for a techno song. (Sorry best way to describe it) My first time hearing that, thought it may be related to the auto headlight bug but turning the lights off and back on did not fix it. Next time getting into the car same wierd chime sound played.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Update to Ford returning my car with door faults. Dealer ran diags and can see the door faults and ordered rear door latches. Dealer contacts Ford hotline and was told to return the car.

FDRS clearly shows the faults and modules needing updating. The dealer did not perform any updates that might have addressed the issue. Car was in for the glass recalls which clearly state they will perform any updates which obviously they did not. Dealer just told me in a email I should find another service center and they are hostage to the hotline. Got to love the lack of service with Ford.

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
FDRS clearly shows the faults and modules needing updating. The dealer did not perform any updates that might have addressed the issue. Car was in for the glass recalls which clearly state they will perform any updates which obviously they did not. Dealer just told me in a email I should find another service center and they are hostage to the hotline. Got to love the lack of service with Ford.
As you're semi-local to me, would you mind mentioning which dealer I should be avoiding?

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
As you're semi-local to me, would you mind mentioning which dealer I should be avoiding?
Roseville Future Ford. I bought from Dixon as I avoid the automall. I will not work off ADM. I even flew to Infiniti San Diego to save $5k off MSRP on a new model year Q60RS.

My MME has been at the dealer almost three months total, over 22 months of ownership Crazy. Ford never again. Do you have a recommend Ford dealer? Not sure I will return to Roseville. I have wanted to sell the MME for a year now. Just terrible experience for what could be a wonderful car.

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Roseville Future Ford. I bought from Dixon as I avoid the automall. I will not work off ADM. I even flew to Infiniti San Diego to save $5k off MSRP on a new model year Q60RS.

My MME has been at the dealer almost three months total, over 22 months of ownership Crazy. Ford never again. Do you have a recommend Ford dealer? Not sure I will return to Roseville. I have wanted to sell the MME for a year now. Just terrible experience for what could be a wonderful car.
I bought mine from Walnut Creek Ford. It’s relatively new so I haven’t needed service yet.
Sponsored