Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Job 1 here. I'm not seeing any error messages but just in the last week or so the driver's door won't open when walking up (PAAK or FOB). I must use the unlock button in the app (I'm a PAAK user, don't need to carry any keys) OR I need to open the passenger door first, which releases or enables the driver door to open when the button is pressed.

Everything was fine following my recent 20k service visit. Never had this issue before. Coincidentally, or not, I recently received 4.2.1 (possibly a 2nd time per message).
The driver door has never opened for me walking up to it and it always takes 1 to 3 button pushes or the app unlock and then a button push to get in. Pony lights work once in a blue moon but normally when I am too close to the car for an extend amount of time with the phone never on a approach. It sleeps a lot ;) but a 3 button push normally works; one to wake it up, one to fold out the mirrors and one to pop the door.

Started getting same error since yesterday
I was informed that it is a BCM update (software) but still waiting to get in. Not fast here right now. Pressing OK every start. Hope after the wait for the simple software fix the module is not a dud.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Follow up the car requires a new rear door module. Ordered. The door operates no problems noted just door fault service required at every start.

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT, 2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I'm getting this too now... Just started.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
After five weeks in the shop for the rear hatch on video opening on its own, pano glass and front glass recall, my MME was returned with door faults. The dealer told me Ford said to return the car broken. The service receipts do not list any troubleshooting for the door faults. Every time I start the MME the fault appears. Very frustrating. I cannot wait to get rid of this car.

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
DM’ed
Well that was disappointing, but I guess at least @Shayne got a laugh out of it... After some back and forth between me and our social media friend, I did get a call from Ford OTA CS (although I'd indicated I prefer email) who basically suggested I contact my dealer to schedule a diagnostic appointment. They did offer to do the calling for me, but that just seemed like it would complicate things, so I guess I'll get myself scheduled...

I doubt this is an actual hardware fault, everything is working as expected, but some Ford tech will start swapping parts to find out if they can make it go away with parts... *sigh*

I did get an update to 4.2.5 HVAC update successfully, but the messages that started before that update are persisting.

Based on experience from @mawkee_owner and @Swanlee, (in this thread started 51 weeks earlier than this one, and with more info) and since doors seem to be fine, guess I'll wait a while, but I'm sad this is such an uncertain experience.

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did get an update to 4.2.5 HVAC update successfully, but the messages that started before that update are persisting.
Scheduled for service, but because I insisted on a loaner when I drop off my nearly new car for a fault investigation, appointment not until June 8th. Maybe some more information about this fault will shake loose in the meanwhile.

stepul

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Quality Manager
Country flag
I also just started receiving this message. It started right after the Ford Power-Up 4.2.5 update. Will take it into the dealer next week for diagnosis.

Lockesmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I began receiving this message over the weekend. I think my latest update was 4.2.4. I did have my front passenger door open unexpectedly on me when leaving the school parking lot a few months ago.

I took it to my dealer, who seems very backed up, and they said it would be a few days before they had anyone available to look at it. But on their end they are seeing errors going back many months for "failure to communicate" with a module or something. I'm foggy on the details there, but something hasn't been working right for a while. On a side note, my car seems to have bypassed the contactor software update entirely as well. I originally had an appointment for June to get that taken care of, but am glad they agreed to bring it in early to deal with the door fault.

Anyway, still waiting for a callback, and starting to wish for normal door handles.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I began receiving this message over the weekend. I think my latest update was 4.2.4. I did have my front passenger door open unexpectedly on me when leaving the school parking lot a few months ago.

I took it to my dealer, who seems very backed up, and they said it would be a few days before they had anyone available to look at it. But on their end they are seeing errors going back many months for "failure to communicate" with a module or something. I'm foggy on the details there, but something hasn't been working right for a while. On a side note, my car seems to have bypassed the contactor software update entirely as well. I originally had an appointment for June to get that taken care of, but am glad they agreed to bring it in early to deal with the door fault.

Anyway, still waiting for a callback, and starting to wish for normal door handles.
Just noticed this error also shortly after that update, any luck? I'm about to go on vacation so I won't be able to deal with this for a couple weeks.

Lockesmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
The error was resolved by removing "something lodged in the latch" but on a different door. So in the future if I see this error I'm going to just inspect every latch to try and save myself a trip to the shop.

They looked more at the door that came open randomly and have ordered a replacement latch. So something was definitely going on there, but it was not the source of the code.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
The error was resolved by removing "something lodged in the latch" but on a different door. So in the future if I see this error I'm going to just inspect every latch to try and save myself a trip to the shop.

They looked more at the door that came open randomly and have ordered a replacement latch. So something was definitely going on there, but it was not the source of the code.
Huh I'll take a look later, feels odd to see the message because all doors are working perfectly. Thanks for the advice hopefully it save me a trip to the dealer. Otherwise I'll schedule something when I get back.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
FMC now wants me to return the vehicle to the dealership. The car was returned to me broken with this fault. I will check the door latches when I return from a trip. I also hope 4.2.6 fixes it. Since the dealer returned the car broken, FMC has now told me it was returned because of my issue with the rear hatch opening. I have it on video and FMC has a case open but because it went to legal (normal process) they can not work on my car. Now they have changed their mind and can work on the car while my rear hatch case is still open.
Sponsored