Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
FMC now wants me to return the vehicle to the dealership. The car was returned to me broken with this fault. I will check the door latches when I return from a trip. I also hope 4.2.6 fixes it. Since the dealer returned the car broken, FMC has now told me it was returned because of my issue with the rear hatch opening. I have it on video and FMC has a case open but because it went to legal (normal process) they can not work on my car. Now they have changed their mind and can work on the car while my rear hatch case is still open.
4.2.6 will not fix a door fault. Door faults typically require hardware replacement to fix.
Sponsored

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Hopefully it will be a quick repair then... All doors are working just fine and everything looks clear on the latch mechanism. I'll call the dealer when I get back and have them take a look at it.

Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty?

Lockesmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I got my car back, and they showed me a picture of what they found in the latch. And by latch, I found out they meant the lever that you pull on the inside of the door to open it. My kid had been stashing beads/toothpicks/trinkets in there. According to service rep once they cleaned all of that out, the error code went away.

They also did a full replace of the latch assembly on the door that did open randomly. They said they found a defect on that but did not go into further details.

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
Looks like it's my turn for this error, all doors function with no obvious problem, only 1000 miles on the car. :rolleyes:

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I am still getting the fault. Waiting for Ford to decide whether to fix my rear hatch ghost opening damage before bring the car back. Ford Customer Service has been great. My MME has been in the shop a lot the past two years. Five weeks just last month. I received a month loan payment and a 3 year/36K extended service plan. Way to go Ford.

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT, 2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your door fault concern on my end.
LOL. I did that, and then was directed to get my car in for diagnosis and service. I said I prefer email, and then got a phone call. They didn't even have the ability to schedule a service appointment, but did offer to play phone tag and make the call to the dealer for me. I made the call myself. I'm still waiting on my appointment because I told them I expected a loaner while they keep my car to diagnose.

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine finally goes in for service tomorrow. Will update here when there's a resolution.

Andyl273

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-e GT Grabber Blue
Occupation
Restaurant GM
Country flag
Same error code has been happening for a month. Can’t recall if there was an update and it appeared. Waited until today to have it looked at with my 10k service. Got a call 30 minutes later letting me know the 10k service is $129. Needs an oil change. 🤦🏻 Then asked me which door did the display tell me the error code was from. Today will be a long day…
I’ll update when they figure thing out. 🙏🏻

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine finally goes in for service tomorrow. Will update here when there's a resolution.
The dealer has had it for over 24 hours now, and are getting ready to do some kind of a point test. They don't know what the issue is, not sounding like Ford is supporting them in any particular way, just being treated as another strange electrical fault. "Likely to go into next week". Great.

Hey @Ford Motor Company how about you guys call around and find a few of these in the shop, like mine, and help the techs sort out what is clearly a pattern? Would that be too much trouble?

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
The dealer has had it for over 24 hours now, and are getting ready to do some kind of a point test. They don't know what the issue is, not sounding like Ford is supporting them in any particular way, just being treated as another strange electrical fault. "Likely to go into next week". Great.

Hey @Ford Motor Company how about you guys call around and find a few of these in the shop, like mine, and help the techs sort out what is clearly a pattern? Would that be too much trouble?
It might be worth to call the EV team, I know it's buried somewhere in the forums and it sucks that the user is the one who has to initiate that conversation but people have reported luck with them.

As for @Ford Motor Company, that account is useless and will just ask for Vin and personal info then forget about you.

apailthorp

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It took longer to get through the service center than I would have liked, but my problem has been resolved by or perhaps coincidentally with the replacement of a door latch. I wasn't asked "which door?" 🙂
Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Door Fault' Service Required IMG_2605

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I guess I have been visited by the mystery hatch opening bug. I was hosing the back end of the car off when the lift gate started opening. I did not have a key or my phone on me at the time. 🤷‍♂️🐩

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It took longer to get through the service center than I would have liked, but my problem has been resolved by or perhaps coincidentally with the replacement of a door latch. I wasn't asked "which door?" 🙂
Ford Mustang Mach-E 'Door Fault' Service Required IMG_2605
RF is your right front door. I guess they figured it out. :)