Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I'd really like very much if manufacturers would stop using this 3 or 4 inches to make it more difficult to get my size 12 shoes into and out of a vehicle.

They're too big, not often used, get in the way.

Door pocket.jpg
Sponsored

az-paco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Prius, '21 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I'd really like very much if manufacturers would stop using this 3 or 4 inches to make it more difficult to get my size 12 shoes into and out of a vehicle.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Door pockets. Useless waste of space. Door pocket
I agree that the door pockets on the MME are not very useful. In other cars, I have been able to use them to hold a water bottle towards the front and papers (large envelopes or file folders) in the wider area since there is really no other place that those things can be held securely within reach of the driver. Definitely an opportunity to improve here.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Door pockets. Useless waste of space. Door pocket
I have your same issue.

Does anyone know of a good aftermarket solution to put some sort of protection there?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The water bottle area on the door literally doesn't hold a water bottle. Very poor design, yes.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yeah, I'm only rocking size nine, but I keep a stack of masks in there, a bottle of hand sanitizer, glasses wipes, a pocket knife, and a bottle of screen cleaning solution for the SYNC panel. I like my door pockets (but I don't like them scuffing).

Sureshot125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X Premium
Country flag
I make good use of mine, especially with a big yeti bottle fully on the pocket. I love the bottomless pit of the upper pocket, but the vertical space is indeed silly. Everything is horizontal in there.

will say that with that texture on the soft plastic on the bottom I’m super worried about scratches and constantly scuff it since it comes in so far.

The (I assume) LDPE on the side panels is FAR too soft, and gets scuffed constantly by the seatbelts, shoes, etc. I’ve never seen this grade of plastic used in vehicles before. It’s entirely inappropriately soft? Regardless of whatever weight savings they used to justify it. Should be changed going forward, God forbid this was done on a truck or something.

cravacor

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
Size 12 shoes here. I have gloves, garage door opener and water bottle in driver side pocket, 2 umbrellas in passenger side. Effective use of space.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Size 13. No car to scuff, yet