Doug DeMuro Mach-E Review Video

First Name
Poncho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang Convertible
Country flag
Doug is the #1 Youtuber in terms of views (way more than "professionals" like Car and Driver or Edmonds).
I know his video is also posted with some threads, but thought I would give it its own thread. There is a lot to unpack here, I hope you agree that it is worth its own thread because of its length and more importantly, how many people will end up watching it.

He does zing the opening of the Frunk, but that is about it on the negative side.

NOTE: His ratings are lower than you might expect based on his comments, but he uses the "10 point scale" fully. 5 truly is average (not 7 or 8).

Sponsored

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Doug is the #1 Youtuber in terms of views (way more than "professionals" like Car and Driver or Edmonds).
I know his video is also posted with some threads, but thought I would give it its own thread. There is a lot to unpack here, I hope you agree that it is worth its own thread because of its length and more importantly, how many people will end up watching it.

He does zing the opening of the Frunk, but that is about it on the negative side.

NOTE: His ratings are lower than you might expect based on his comments, but he uses the "10 point scale" fully. 5 truly is average (not 7 or 8).

Learned a few fun facts!

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
One of the things I like about him is his DougScore which is a good combo of stats and opinion...and he is willing to adjust it as things change like when hands-free driving comes out.

Interesting to see that the difference between the MY and M3 he has reviewed and the Mach-E were solely based on acceleration which means the GT should top them.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I actually really enjoyed his review, it was one of my favourites from the day... but his ratings certainly did not live up to his enthusiasm... lol. Maybe he felt he needed to balance it out to appease his mostly Tesla fan base? I saw one chap on Twitter, Tesla Scoops, claiming that Ford paid off all the journalists to give them good reviews... then they shared a rare bad one for balance... Only the bad review came from TechCrunch... you know, that super reputable Automotive publication. ??‍♂

Deleted member 2014

I was wondering! I got to the end after his rather glowing review and

5/10
6/10
5/10....

I was like WTH?!??
Same here. His Doug Score doesn't match with the impressions he had while driving. It's seems like he tries to prevent to be hated to much within his community.
But... Ending up higher rated than the E Tron and just one point behind the I pace seems positive to me although the score lacks some consistency to me.
All in all, somehow it seems like whenever a reviewer wants to find a negative aspect with the MME, they start with apples to oranges comparisons. For instance comparing it to the top notch performance versions of other EVs.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Of the 39 video reviews, I have seen only one was a dislike for the mache. So that is 38-1.

Of the 39 video reviews, you had more than half that said they like it better than the model y or they said it less controversial its a good if not better alternative.

Of the articles I have read man, there was a lot. I think around a total of 47. 43-4 liked the mache with 1 full of hate which we know which one that was. One was all over the place with bad info. The other two still upset over the mustang name.

Overall the style and the look of the mache won a lot of hearts. It was not another compliance Ev.

The mache main points brought up over and over again with different reviews are.
Driving, the comfort of the ride even bumps, handling, cornering, how quiet the mache is, interior look, and outside look.

Charging, braking, knees hitting screen lol. the few none likes. and yes EPA range less than tesla but still need real-world testing done and it will be coming soon to truly compare range.

Overall the mache scored very well and like one reviewer said. The tesla lead in the EV world is starting to tighten faster than they thought.

There are a few people that point out the I-pace or Audi E-tron seems better interior but we also have to understand the price point cost that is way higher with those two.

Deleted member 2014

I actually really enjoyed his review, it was one of my favourites from the day... but his ratings certainly did not live up to his enthusiasm... lol. Maybe he felt he needed to balance it out to appease his mostly Tesla fan base? I saw one chap on Twitter, Tesla Scoops, claiming that Ford paid off all the journalists to give them good reviews... then they shared a rare bad one for balance... Only the bad review came from TechCrunch... you know, that super reputable Automotive publication. ??‍♂
Exactly what I thought when seeing the rating. I am sure he had his community in mind. He knows that in the end, youtube is just a business for him.
His emotions while driving it, is the only thing I am considering to be legit

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Same here. His Doug Score doesn't match with the impressions he had while driving. It's seems like he tries to prevent to be hated to much within his community.
But... Ending up higher rated than the E Tron and just one point behind the I pace seems positive to me although the score lacks some consistency to me.
All in all, somehow it seems like whenever a reviewer wants to find a negative aspect with the MME, they start with apples to oranges comparisons. For instance comparing it to the top notch performance versions of other EVs.
He said the Gt will get 3 more points and that will give it a total score of the best of them all. Only the regular I-pace 1 point did he score better than the mache but the I-pace comes with a bigger price. So from Doug the mache really got a great score.

Deleted member 2014

He said the Gt will get 3 more points and that will give it a total score of the best of them all. Only the regular I-pace 1 point did he score better than the mache but the I-pace comes with a bigger price. So from Doug the mache really got a great score.
Absolutely right. But I think he knows that in terms of fun and quality the Mach E would have deserved a slightly better rating. But that is the price you have to pay trying not to lose the majority of your community.
Anyway. I'm happy to see and read that most of the reviews look like the Mach E offers an exceptional good and fun ride and is maybe the best EV in the crossover segment so far. Especially when taking the price tag into consideration too.

First Name
Fredrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
It's interesting that he gave the I-pace a higher score. I've driven the I-pace for some time and it battery consumption is awful, its infotainment system is awful, its app is awful and its "lane keeping" systems are awful. And the price is high.

Here in Sweden it's actually a joke. They sold so bad with the release car so they just recently came out with a "new" car, the limited edition. Which was a lower power motor (software) and a new infotainment system (software) and to topp it off they sell it like it's a new car and about 10k less than the original one. Jaguar is bleeding and they must go back to the drawing board and just ditch the whole i-pace car and do it properly.

The Mach-E demolishes the I-pace for sure.

And regarding the E-tron, it's lane keeping autopilot doesn't work when you use Andriod Auto (oops) and the car is basicly the ICE-version just with another motor. I wasn't at all impressed with that car. Only driven it for a couple of hours but still...

Just my two cents, and yes I'm a little biased since I've ordered a Mach-e.

Deleted member 2014

One of the things I like about him is his DougScore which is a good combo of stats and opinion...and he is willing to adjust it as things change like when hands-free driving comes out.

Interesting to see that the difference between the MY and M3 he has reviewed and the Mach-E were solely based on acceleration which means the GT should top them.
Yeah, but that is the point which is a bit annoying to me.
A lot reviewers said that the overall ride is much better in the MME (for instance noise, handling etc.). And he sowehow mentioned that too but doesn't reflect that in his rating. Acceleration wise ok. But there needs to be equality in his rating-standards within the other categorys too.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
If you watch his Bronco Sport review it is similar. Lots of enthusiasm, and then what I consider to be a low score. I wonder does he have somewhere with all his ratings? What was his highest rated car and why?