Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I don't think Ford has any such illusions - while the Mach E has more "upscale" appointments than usual, their inclusion was directly aimed at matching the lead dog. Tesla is not a luxury brand either, but Ford is concentrating on competing with the Tesla as the brand owning 78% of the EV market. I don't think Ford is or SHOULD worry about the "true" luxury brands - etron or ipace, at the moment.
agree - when Ford wants to officially compete against the eTron or I-Pace, you can bet safe money on the vehicle being branded as a Lincoln, not a Ford (or a Mustang)... the top-of-the-range Shelby GT350R has an MSRP of $72,135 and often goes for more with ADM (additional dealer markup), but nobody considers that a "luxury" vehicle, so it's not just about price.
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I don't think Ford has any such illusions - while the Mach E has more "upscale" appointments than usual, their inclusion was directly aimed at matching the lead dog. Tesla is not a luxury brand either, but Ford is concentrating on competing with the Tesla as the brand owning 78% of the EV market. I don't think Ford is or SHOULD worry about the "true" luxury brands - etron or ipace, at the moment.
I once heard or read that team Edison had to decide whether to compete with/target the iPace or T**** experience. For my taste, I wish they would have gone the other way. Until EV’s stop targeting tech industry buyers, they will struggle to get mass appeal, in my opinion.

Last edited:

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
His emotions while driving it, is the only thing I am considering to be legit
Absolutely this... you could see the expressions in his face... even if he tried to stifle them at time, he was having fun.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Yup. That can wait for the E-Corsair

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Doug is the #1 Youtuber in terms of views (way more than "professionals" like Car and Driver or Edmonds).
I know his video is also posted with some threads, but thought I would give it its own thread. There is a lot to unpack here, I hope you agree that it is worth its own thread because of its length and more importantly, how many people will end up watching it.

He does zing the opening of the Frunk, but that is about it on the negative side.

NOTE: His ratings are lower than you might expect based on his comments, but he uses the "10 point scale" fully. 5 truly is average (not 7 or 8).

He also got the cost of the Model Y base and performance wrong..

Model Y base LR cost $49,990 and performance $59,990 .. so with the incentive Ford gets on the Mach E .. all equal trims cost less than the Model Y .. until Ford incentive runs out Mach E cost less no way around that ..

and base on Dougs own statement and rating the Mach E has better quality than the model Y but he scored the Mach E with worst value ..
that’s crazy ..

better quality and cost less equals better value IMO.. because the current Mach E is better than the model Y no need to wait for just the GT to give it better numbers.. most people are looking to buy the base and premium Mach E .. not the GT .. but no matter he state how much better the Mach E is than the Tesla but still could not rate its value better .. whatever is all I have to say to that!!

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
agree - when Ford wants to officially compete against the eTron or I-Pace, you can bet safe money on the vehicle being branded as a Lincoln, not a Ford (or a Mustang)... the top-of-the-range Shelby GT350R has an MSRP of $72,135 and often goes for more with ADM (additional dealer markup), but nobody considers that a "luxury" vehicle, so it's not just about price.
Agreed no way in hell my model 3 is a Luxury EV or even the model X we had .. Tesla is a over priced high end premium car manufacturer with poor quality cars .. just expensive can’t use price to call something Luxury that’s crazy ...

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Doug is the #1 Youtuber in terms of views (way more than "professionals" like Car and Driver or Edmonds).
I know his video is also posted with some threads, but thought I would give it its own thread. There is a lot to unpack here, I hope you agree that it is worth its own thread because of its length and more importantly, how many people will end up watching it.

He does zing the opening of the Frunk, but that is about it on the negative side.

NOTE: His ratings are lower than you might expect based on his comments, but he uses the "10 point scale" fully. 5 truly is average (not 7 or 8).

Wow - does this guy abuse the word "quirk" in all his videos? If so, you could play a drinking game watching them....

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
People must really like him. Almost a million views in just a couple of days is impressive.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
People must really like him. Almost a million views in just a couple of days is impressive.
the dude makes a lot of $ as a YouTuber... all those followers, means all those ads too... when my 9year old mentioned wanting to be a YouTuber, i laughed at first...then i found out how much DeMuro-type guys make and I no longer laugh

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Agreed no way in hell my model 3 is a Luxury EV or even the model X we had .. Tesla is a over priced high end premium car manufacturer with poor quality cars .. just expensive can’t use price to call something Luxury that’s crazy ...
Wow. That's a tough comment for a vehicle as expensive as the Model X to not be considered luxury.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow. That's a tough comment for a vehicle as expensive as the Model X to not be considered luxury.
Well, since it uses Mercedes switch gear it must be a luxury car, no? ?

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
one would think, we moved from ICE to EV only because of the model X, the model X was the only EV at the time that made us not go with the Mercedes GLS / GLE AMG we where waiting on upgrading to... we owned ICE BMW’s, Audi’s and Mercedes’s before switching to EV and truly wish we had waited ..
we had more service visits with our Model X than any of our previous ICE cars!..

We traded in the model X for the Audi etron and waiting to trade in my DD model 3 for the Mach E .. as for luxury yes the model S and X comes close however quality is still not their .. yes the interior looks much better than the model 3/Y however still not up to Audi or Mercedes standards .. IMO until they are equal or better than Audi/Mercedes interior quality they are just expensive high premium vehicles not luxury..
Sponsored