Twuntish

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GTPE and 2023 Bronco Badlands(ordered)
Country flag

Interesting comments about Tesla’s when comparing the Mach E against the Y.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Yeah I just now watched this too. Kind of a weird one from him to be honest. When he's talking about the details I feel like he didn't really do his research, also didn't even mention the magneride suspension on the GTPE which is probably the most important part of it.

I do like his comparison at the end between the model Y and the GT though, I think it's pretty spot on. I also think it's interesting he says he'd take the model Y solely for the autopilot but wants literally everything else the GT has to offer. If the GT didn't have any self driving capabilities I could understand that, but it does have blue cruise and honestly even the ACC with lane assist is good enough to drive on the highway. Seems like a weird sacrifice to lose everything else over a marginally better self driving highway system.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Doug does some interesting mental gymnastics there at the end to conclude that he'd settle for the Model Y Performance for the ADAS and EPA Range but would prefer the MME GT because it's a superior car to drive.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Doug does some interesting mental gymnastics there at the end to conclude that he'd settle for the Model Y Performance for the ADAS and EPA Range but would prefer the MME GT because it's a superior car to drive.
Also another review completely dismissing the fact that Tesla's normally get less miles than EPA and the MME normally gets more. Especially since he's using the mileage as part of the reason to get the Tesla.

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
I really like watching his videos. He's only an inch taller than I am, so I can gauge his reaction to the seating.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
He's kind of manic and his closing comments when he was still on screen made it seem like he really had to go to the bathroom. ?

That said, he seems objective, and even with the theatrics provides useful information. If he dials it back a little, I'd watch him.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I like his videos. There’s something endearing about his schtick, formulaic though it may be. My kids and I started watching his video reviews during the beginning of the pandemic right before going to sleep, all cuddled up together in bed, and it got to be a soothing routine. He’s fairly objective and certainly enthusiastic in a fun nerdy way.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
THIS .... probably wasn't the right comparison with the Y Performance, as Doug only had the non-Performance GT, and gave the GTPE only a passing mention.

I think if he compared the right Mach E trim level that's got nearly the same 0-60 as the Y Performance with wheels perhaps more to his taste -- and also took into account the tax credit the Ford still has and the Y doesn't, not to mention the other incentives such as those with Ford Options -- he might have come out differently.

He also didn't mention at all that the GTPE has Magnaride which arguably gives better handling and ride quality than the one he had (not to mention the seats which also weren't mentioned by him).

It's also funny to see how most reviewers are incorrect about the reasons and effects of Unbridled Extend. This was yet another creative explanation in this video.

But generally Doug is great and highly entertaining .... I just wish he had the right comparison model, and was a little more accurate with this one.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
When Doug left Jalopnik that site died as a reliable source for car content. He’s great, and I think this is as objective as it gets for daily use.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
THIS .... probably wasn't the right comparison with the Y Performance, as Doug only had the non-Performance GT, and gave the GTPE only a passing mention.

I think if he compared the right Mach E trim level that's got nearly the same 0-60 as the Y Performance with wheels perhaps more to his taste -- and also took into account the tax credit the Ford still has and the Y doesn't, not to mention the other incentives such as those with Ford Options -- he might have come out differently.

He also didn't mention at all that the GTPE has Magnaride which arguably gives better handling and ride quality than the one he had (not to mention the seats which also weren't mentioned by him).

It's also funny to see how most reviewers are incorrect about the reasons and effects of Unbridled Extend. This was yet another creative explanation in this video.

But generally Doug is great and highly entertaining .... I just wish he had the right comparison model, and was a little more accurate with this one.
Well the GTPE is not that great of a value compared to the standard GT, IMO. $5k more for a little bit more torque for 5 seconds, less comfortable seats, sub par summer tires and magneride. GT ties MYP on his scoreboard as it stands right now. I could see -1 point for the mustang in the value column if he compared GTPE vs MYP

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
What’s the “right” comp for the GT? The long range Model Y is a whole second short of the GT.

If you were to compare the GTPE to the Model Y Performance the Ford would be too expensive. Tax Credit may very well be a gone soon for a car this price.

Not saying a GTPE is a bad comparison, more so that the GT isn’t as bad of a comparison as you think.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What’s the “right” comp for the GT? The long range Model Y is a whole second short of the GT.

If you were to compare the GTPE to the Model Y Performance the Ford would be too expensive. Tax Credit may very well be a gone soon for a car this price.

Not saying a GTPE is a bad comparison, more so that the GT isn’t as bad of a comparison as you think.
FYI my Long Range Y with the acceleration boost is faster in the quarter mile than both the GT and GTPE. I've gotten 12.26-12.30 @113 mph. I haven't seen a GT run faster than 12.5 @ 104-105 mph. Most GTPE are running the same. I think
one GTPE ran 12.2x@105 mph?
Sponsored