Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No one said it weighs 25-30 lbs.

We said it weighs 25-30 lbs more than a steel roof. At least that’s what people are estimating.

Again, no one knows for sure until someone weighs the two vehicles.
You would also have to account for the differences in the bolstering on the panoramic vs the standard crossbars on the steel roof and the header. If you can get a weight on the 2 different schematics I provided in my last link that would be just as accurate, but I doubt that would even satisfy.
I'm done trying to argue this. Glass roofs are inherently heavier than the same size metal versions. Otherwise we'd see this roof on all the Nascar Racecars. (Probably wouldn't be allowed because their not as safe either vs a standard roof)

Food for thought below on the NHSTA recall, 100% of vehicles are impacted by this. Right in the bulletin. Over 13k vehicles. (13544 to be exact)

Ohh on a sidenote...dealers are directed not to sell any new vehicles produced during that time frame, its a $21,000 fine per vehicle.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Doug Demuro reviews the Mach-E GT (non-PE) Screenshot_20211102-081545_Adobe Acrobat

Ford Mustang Mach-E Doug Demuro reviews the Mach-E GT (non-PE) Screenshot_20211102-081823_Adobe Acrobat

I know I'm glad I ordered the GT w/o the panoramic roof; weight issues and recall notwithstanding.
Search this forum for the amount of folks having their panoramic roofs stress fracture from heat issues related to this improper fitment (now wait 5-10 years and multiply accordingly). I doubt that the addition of more urethane adhesive is going to fix the fitment issues without removing the glass and re-applying it. This is a band-aid and cost savings measure not a true fix.

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
While I agree on increased weight up high and possible leak arguments, the pano roof has been proven to block IR in the wild, as lots of people who own one has said that there is no appreciable heat difference between glass and metal. I havent seen any posts that indicate increased IR.

Pretty much anyone who has been here a while knows that I purposely did not get Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 because it was bundled with the glass roof, so I am not a big fan of the glass roof on the GT or GT-PE.
Count me in on Pano, wife loves it (me too) and thinks it’s just cool. Yes Dear…

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Don’t agree with this assessment. I have extensively test driven both GT and GTPE, Premium too to help with decision. GTPE seats more comfortable than GT- has that grip when you goose it, feels like a little more bolstering. Magneride makes a big difference - just amazing really. Tested on same windy, bumpy road. Significant difference, Magneride gives it that sports car feel, love it. Grip the road no float at all. Actually like the Wheels way better than daisy chain GT wheels. Lastly, like the interior better on GTPE. A little classier, not crazy about GT brown cabling. $5K was easy choice for me. My choice had nothing to with with power between the two. They both are crazy fast (not a trap speed guy) great boost from 70 to 85 passing on Freeway. ??
That's all personal preference, seat comfort has depended on the reviewer on every video i watched. As for the interior the copper piping imo looks better. While the wheels for the GTPE look super nice, i wasn't trying to pay 5k for mangaride, and have to immediately buy all season tires.

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
That's all personal preference, seat comfort has depended on the reviewer on every video i watched. As for the interior the copper piping imo looks better. While the wheels for the GTPE look super nice, i wasn't trying to pay 5k for mangaride, and have to immediately buy all season tires.
True on tires. I live in Michigan, thinking of switching. Found that Belle Tire will take stock Summers on trade for 75% value with less than 300 miles on them for All-Seasons. May do that as opposed to 2 sets. Good to have options. Likely January delivery after 11/29 production date.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I think it’s a clear win for the Mach E, if you read between the lines. Doug had to be nice to the MY/3 or else feel the wrath of the Tesla fanbois (just like any other YT reviewer). Though he did call them ex-Prius drivers ?

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
True on tires. I live in Michigan, thinking of switching. Found that Belle Tire will take stock Summers on trade for 75% value with less than 300 miles on them for All-Seasons. May do that as opposed to 2 sets. Good to have options. Likely January delivery after 11/29 production date.
I just posted a set of standard GT all-seasons tires I'm selling for pretty cheap and I'm local to you if you're interested.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fs-gt-continental-crosscontact-rx-tires.11001/#post-274510

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
I couldn't let this go.

Parts.Ford.com lists the metal roof panel (5850202), which includes a listing for all parts. Summing the exterior bits adds up to a bit over 100 lbs.

The headliner is listed in Other trim parts, and lists at 24 lbs. Add the assist handles and visors and it totals less than 30 lbs.

So it adds up to an approximate 60 lb difference.

Is 60 lbs negligible? Well, for the power to weight ratio the Mach-E GT carries, it pretty much is (even up that high), and that the GT is not a trackday weapon like an E92 M3 or 992 (which can and do get optioned with a CF roof).

In reality it boils down to function. I like the dark. Team metal roof all the way!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I couldn't let this go.

Parts.Ford.com lists the metal roof panel (5850202), which includes a listing for all parts. Summing the exterior bits adds up to a bit over 100 lbs.

The headliner is listed in Other trim parts, and lists at 24 lbs. Add the assist handles and visors and it totals less than 30 lbs.

So it adds up to an approximate 60 lb difference.

Is 60 lbs negligible? Well, for the power to weight ratio the Mach-E GT carries, it pretty much is (even up that high), and that the GT is not a trackday weapon like an E92 M3 or 992 (which can and do get optioned with a CF roof).

In reality it boils down to function. I like the dark. Team metal roof all the way!
That’s probably the most accurate guess we will get at this point but it sounds about right!

On a related note, I hate sunroofs. Have had them on multiple cars, never open them. Had one on my SS, stayed closed all the time.

So far on my GTPE? Love the pano roof. Vehicle in DMG stays cooler than my white SS with ceramic tint. Sun doesn’t bother me a bit and it’s quieter than a sunroof. Wizard magic!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Longing For The GTPE
Country flag
I've been searching high and low for the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the GTPE to no avail. Could a GTPE owner be so kind as to post a picture of their sticker (or one they found online) located on the inside of the driver door showing the GVWR? It would be immensely helpful and would be incredibly appreciated as I can't find this information anywhere. I've searched through Ford's online documents as well as most online vehicle resources, specs and review sites and have come across the GVWR of other mach-e configurations (albeit inconsistently) but have come up empty for the GT Performance Edition. Should anyone know the GVWR of the non-PE GT with the addition of panoramic roof, that would be super duper. Please and thank you.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I've been searching high and low for the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the GTPE to no avail. Could a GTPE owner be so kind as to post a picture of their sticker (or one they found online) located on the inside of the driver door showing the GVWR? It would be immensely helpful and would be incredibly appreciated as I can't find this information anywhere. I've searched through Ford's online documents as well as most online vehicle resources, specs and review sites and have come across the GVWR of other mach-e configurations (albeit inconsistently) but have come up empty for the GT Performance Edition. Should anyone know the GVWR of the non-PE GT with the addition of panoramic roof, that would be super duper. Please and thank you.
5980 lbs. fully loaded GTPE
Ford Mustang Mach-E Doug Demuro reviews the Mach-E GT (non-PE) FCCF691A-7786-461B-BA6D-32976F9B940E

GT with steel roof is the same 5980:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...the-mach-e-gt-non-pe.10999/page-2#post-274296
Sponsored