Down for the count :(

Thunderbirdsoundsbetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME P ER
Country flag
UPDATE: was told the 12v died. They replaced it but the car still doesn’t shift, move or take a charge. So there are many unknowns right now. I was told that they called the mothership and they will beam down their best people to see what’s going on. Will update when I have more info.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Down for the count :( 8D297ABD-5233-4BD7-98B6-9FB906E1B0F3

Currently waiting for a tow. 28k miles in and now it strands me. Thank the lord it was in a parking lot. Surprised the only pop up I got was “stop safely” the app says the car condition is good though with a green check lol. Hopefully the tow gets here quick cause its 10degrees. :(
Sponsored

Last edited:

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
8D297ABD-5233-4BD7-98B6-9FB906E1B0F3.jpeg

Currently waiting for a tow. 28k miles in and now it strands me. Thank the lord it was in a parking lot. Surprised the only pop up I got was “stop safely” the app says the car condition is good though with a green check lol. Hopefully the tow gets here quick cause its 10degrees. :(
Ummm, why that picture? That's completely normal (accessories on, engine off). I'm confused.

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
LVB dead? This is becoming very scary how many of us this is happening too, especially with the cold. My car is still sitting at work from this afternoon waiting for a tow.

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Select RWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Down for the count :( 8D297ABD-5233-4BD7-98B6-9FB906E1B0F3

Don’t assume your need a tow. Maybe just a battery jump?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The two red icons below are the problem. Especially the one with the exclamation point. I called ford and they told me it needs to be towed.
The battery one is normal. The one with the exclamation yeah I didn't see that. I would start the car and drive it around the parking lot and see if it goes away before calling a tow.

Reactions: ARK

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The two red icons below are the problem. Especially the one with the exclamation point. I called ford and they told me it needs to be towed.
The stop safely one (below). Does it clear if you completely shut down, open and close the door, then wait awhile? Maybe go have a coffee if there is a store nearby.

Slightly more adventurous would be to remove the two panels in the front, and lift the negative battery terminal for a few minutes. My guess is if you had the 10mm wrench to remove the terminal, you probably would have tried it. Not fun in the cold. Plus, if it is your first time pulling those panels, you would probably lose several of the plastic clips.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Down for the count :( Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 9.04.39 PM

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
LVB dead? This is becoming very scary how many of us this is happening too, especially with the cold. My car is still sitting at work from this afternoon waiting for a tow.
These are failing at a rate many times what we should think of as normal. Disappointing.

With 2 of these in our house I'm beginning to think about picking a spare battery up, or at least making sure where I can find one in a hurry.

The next recall? Cheaper to replace them than to have them towed in, eh?

I have NEVER had a battery lose it's charge in it's first 5 years let alone it's first, driving since 1974.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
These are failing at a rate many times what we should think of as normal. Disappointing.

With 2 of these in our house I'm beginning to think about picking a spare battery up, or at least making sure where I can find one in a hurry.

The next recall? Cheaper to replace them than to have them towed in, eh?

I have NEVER had a battery lose it's charge in it's first 5 years let alone it's first, driving since 1974.
The red battery symbol is normal for the accessory mode the picture shows, only the !car symbol is problematic. It might just be a turn on glitch like @breeves002 discussed in the link above, possibly not even 12V related. I remember one or two others like this where they called for a tow, but 10 minutes later, everything was okay. There is probably a TSB too, so even if it recovers in 10 minutes, this one might need a software update.

Index of Power-Ups, TSBs, Recalls and SSMs (hats off to @RVAtom for this fine list!)
TSB 21-2245
Loss Of Power, Stop Safely Now Message In The IPC, Illuminated MIL With DTC P1A10, U0293 And/Or U1011 - Built On Or Before 20-Mar-2021

Agree that there are way too many 12V reports, but a lot of those are bogus (MME or Fordpass complaining when the LVB is fine). Many others are corrected by a charge (should not be needed, but the LVB is okay). I think it is very few that are really 12V LVB dead, or dead where the LVB will not take a charge.

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Again? I figured your troubles were over. Sorry to hear. Is your car completely unresponsive? Did you try turning the headlights on manually? In my car, that appears to force the DC/DC converter to max charge but only when in Ready Mode. Doesn't seem to do much in accessory mode umfortunately.....

:(

OP
OP

Thunderbirdsoundsbetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME P ER
Country flag
The red battery symbol is normal for the accessory mode the picture shows, only the !car symbol is problematic. It might just be a turn on glitch like @breeves002 discussed in the link above, possibly not even 12V related. I remember one or two others like this where they called for a tow, but 10 minutes later, everything was okay. There is probably a TSB too, so even if it recovers in 10 minutes, this one might need a software update.

Index of Power-Ups, TSBs, Recalls and SSMs (hats off to @RVAtom for this fine list!)
TSB 21-2245
Loss Of Power, Stop Safely Now Message In The IPC, Illuminated MIL With DTC P1A10, U0293 And/Or U1011 - Built On Or Before 20-Mar-2021

Agree that there are way too many 12V reports, but a lot of those are bogus (MME or Fordpass complaining when the LVB is fine). Many others are corrected by a charge (should not be needed, but the LVB is okay). I think it is very few that are really 12V LVB dead, or dead where the LVB will not take a charge.
I tried for the past 2 hours and nothing. Can’t shift. Can’t turn the wheel.