Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Would you believe that this happened on a four-lane divided road with heavy traffic? So the question is "Why did the deer cross the road?"
clearly to ram the blue buck that was encroaching on his territory!
Sponsored

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Sadly I can relate all too well. Hit a deer 10 days into ownership...I think animals unfortunately like the Grabber Blue color (yes I know most are color blind ? ) My repair cost over $6,500 and didn't look as bad as your door...hope yours gets repaired quickly!

BTW I've renamed my car the Grim Reaper thanks to it's affinity for hitting animals...?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I hit a bunny on my first day of ownership. Left on of the little mud flaps half hanging off. Luckily those are held on with body plugs and I have tons of those laying around. So the repair took about 8 seconds.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Sadly I can relate all too well. Hit a deer 10 days into ownership...I think animals unfortunately like the Grabber Blue color (yes I know most are color blind ? ) My repair cost over $6,500 and didn't look as bad as your door...hope yours gets repaired quickly!

BTW I've renamed my car the Grim Reaper thanks to it's affinity for hitting animals...?
Bummer, two deer hits already!

Deer aren't actually color blind. However, their vision is shifted to high-frequency bands and they have very limited color differentiation. A bright blue color to a deer is like bright yellow to us -- very visible.

Unfortunately, running deer often don't look before they leap :(

You could install those little deer whistles but they don't work either.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I guess I need DPF - Deer Protection Film. Two deer took aim at Electic Blue (my MME). One missed. The other hit me broadsides. Going to cost $$$ to repair. Thankfully it's covered under comprehensive insurance.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DPF? Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.51.45 AM
At least it seems to only be the door. A deer hit me when I had my 2013 Focus ST with the initial impact on my drivers door that dragged back along my rear door before ending up in the wheel well and pulling off my back bumper. The deer then got up and walked away.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Nah, just get some boiling water a suction cup it will be fixed in 20 min. I saw that on YouTube. ?

kidding apart. Sorry for your deer encounter.
On the one that rolled ver seems to have a good passage side back door. I think this one could use that.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Would you believe that this happened on a four-lane divided road with heavy traffic? So the question is "Why did the deer cross the road?"
to crash into your car's side