Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
Pretty much how I feel in my 4X, the GTPE has gotta be wild. I literally have no use for any top speed, since I have nowhere here I can do that unless I wanna leave the county on the interstate.
Exactly. I have a FE now and I am undefeated off the traffic lights (and it really hasn't been close) LOL. I can't imagine what the GTPE will feel like. ?
Sponsored

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Also, GT500 owners already know that using the LC on the street, even at the minimum 1200rpm launch rpm, is worse than pedaling it out yourself and then going full throttle. Dragy and YouTube videos have shown this.
Is it really? Iā€™ve not looked into this at all. My experience in a GT500 was pre-launch control. And the C8 makes MUCH better times with LC than without. Thatā€™s surprising to me, I guess.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
It gets smoked by the 835hp fastest production truck on the planet.

Thatā€™s your definition of ā€œpathetic?ā€

And I thought I had high standards. ?
A Mustang getting beat by a pickup that costs the same is embarrassing.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Mach E GTPE will probably also get beat in the 1/4 by the Tesla semi when it comes out.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Don't race Rivians. Or EV6 GTs. Or the Hyundai N Line when it comes out. Or Teslas. Or the Hummer EV. Or the BMW i4 M50.

Stick to racing Nissan Leaf and BMW I3 and Chevy Bolt.

bostondan77

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache E, GLS 450
Country flag
Don't race Rivians. Or EV6 GTs. Or the Hyundai N Line when it comes out. Or Teslas. Or the Hummer EV. Or the BMW i4 M50.

Stick to racing Nissan Leaf and BMW I3 and Chevy Bolt.
Didnā€™t the Rivian suspension have a major malfunction even before the Rebelle race started? ?
Seems like some of the Tesla fanboys are selling their Tesla stock and buying Rivian stock ? ?

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Exactly. I have a FE now and I am undefeated off the traffic lights (and it really hasn't been close) LOL. I can't imagine what the GTPE will feel like. ?
I got walked by a Model Y performance (at least I hope it was a performance by how damn easily it passed me) today at highway speeds. He gunned it to pass me on the right, I floored it too and boy did that ugly, poorly-made Tesla move.

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
I got walked by a Model Y performance (at least I hope it was a performance by how damn easily it passed me) today at highway speeds. He gunned it to pass me on the right, I floored it too and boy did that ugly, poorly-made Tesla move.
"at least I hope it was a performance"??

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
A Mustang getting beat by a pickup that costs the same is embarrassing.
Meh. Who cares? That just makes us #2 in line on a long list of vehicles that the pickup will embarrass then. Itā€™s faster than literally everything.

You seem to embarrass so easily.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Is it really? Iā€™ve not looked into this at all. My experience in a GT500 was pre-launch control. And the C8 makes MUCH better times with LC than without. Thatā€™s surprising to me, I guess.
Yes. Ask the S550 GT500 guys on here. The LC was designed for prepped surfaces, so, even the 1200rpm launch hits the tires with too much power unless youā€™re on tire or a prepped track. The one I test drove briefly that was on P4S Michelins pulled very hard when I rolled into the throttle and waited til about 35 to flat foot it. Easily as hard or harder than my car, which runs 4.0-4.1s to 60.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Haha, Iā€™ve got bad news. The regular dual motor LR Y runs in the mid 12s @ 112+, the Perf isnā€™t much faster trap speed wise but the launch hits much harder.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
You sure it wasnā€™t an Accord 2.0t?

Easy to spot a performance. They have a red line under the dual motor badge.

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The 70,000 dollar Mustang GTPE gets smoked in both the 1/4 and to 60 by the ~70,000 Rivian pickup thatā€™s rolling out right now. Thatā€™s one of the things that I think is kind of the most pathetic tbh.
First off the R1T base version is $67k, zero options, base battery,, standard interior and standard tires without the off-road package. While the well equipped version Adventure package with max battery, off road tires, and off road package runs significantly more at $90,100. This would be the equivalent performance package to the GT. Additionally the R1T runs four 4 motors on all 4 tires vs MME GTPEs 2. Apples to oranges Frankie. So yes while you can get a $67k vehicle with Base everything, its not a true comparison.

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
First off the R1T base version is $67k, zero options, base battery,, standard interior and standard tires without the off-road package. While the well equipped version Adventure package with max battery, off road tires, and off road package runs significantly more at $90,100. This would be the equivalent performance package to the GT. Additionally the R1T runs four 4 motors on all 4 tires vs MME GTPEs 2. Apples to oranges Frankie. So yes while you can get a $67k vehicle with Base everything, its not a true comparison.
Ohh and I forgot to mention the wait time for the R1T is at least 3 years or longer.
Sponsored