Drive and cabin conditioning without charging?

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
I would like to avoid charging my Mach E everyday. My wife only drives roughly 20 miles round trip everyday. We don’t mind plugging it in every night so it can condition the car and the cabin for her departure times. I tried turning off the charging except for one day of the week the other day and it didn’t warm the cabin even though it was plugged in? Was it because it was a day where charging was turned off? If so it would be nice to get this changed. I don’t want to charge the car everyday just when it gets down to around 20% up to a maximum of about 90%.
Thanks,
Kevin C.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
Scratch that, I got confused on the settings. There is no way to restrict charging by days. When I mentioned days I was remembering setting up the departure schedules.

It would be a nice enhancement to be able to restrict charging to certain days of the week.
Or even by minimal charge state. Say only charge battery when it gets down to 20%.

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to start a thread for vehicle and or Ford Pass software enhancement requests?

Thanks,
Kevin C.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There was a "sync request" thread a while ago. Even though you don't necessarily want to charge the car every day, it really doesn't hurt anything. In fact, if you know she's not going to be driving that far you could set the charging threshold at home at 50% or 60%, and by doing just small charges every day at the midpoint of battery state of charge you actually will get the most life out of the battery long term. Charging to a high state of charge and letting it go down to a low state of charge puts more stress on the battery than keeping it in the middle. It probably won't make much of a difference - it might increase battery life from 200,000 miles to 250,000 miles.

More importantly your wife can get into a comfy car every day ;)

OP
OP

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
Hey thanks for the suggestion. I think this is what I tried last week. I don’t think it pre conditioned the cabin for the scheduled departure time even though it was plugged in. I will try this again tomorrow and report back.
Thanks,
Kevin C.
Sponsored