Drive Mode Poll - Which Do You Use Most?

What Drive Mode do you use the most?

• Total voters

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
What Drive Mode does everyone use most?

Weirdly I’ve found Unbridled to be easier to drive in when there’s traffic, and my range estimate is higher.
Sponsored

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Whisper with 1-PD turned off.

I have always enjoyed coasting. Hit the pedal up to the speed, let off, and just coast.

I realized I can't really do that with 1-PD turned on because as soon as I let off the pedal it starts the breaking process. I like Whisper because it allows for the most coasting of all the 3 modes.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I used engaged with 1PD for the first few weeks and the Mrs said it was nauseating*.

I turned off 1PD and switched to unbridled, and the regen feels smoother and less obtrusive**.

* for the record she has always felt my driving is nauseating, but 1PD was worse than my "normal"
** my "nromal" level of nauseating driving

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I use Engaged. I am ok with the light regen in Engaged but not a fan of 1PD, and find the regen is too much with Unbridled for my preference. I wish I could combine the steering feel of Unbridled with the minimal regen of Engaged.

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I like all three depending on how aggressively I feel like driving. Tried 1PD for a bit and I don't think it's for me.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
I'm still experimenting with them. I've noticed that Lane Centering acts differently depending on the drive mode as well... So I'm now doing some A/B testing of common routes I drive regularly to compare the modes under the same conditions for an entire trip of varied driving.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I used engaged with 1PD for the first few weeks and the Mrs said it was nauseating*.

I turned off 1PD and switched to unbridled, and the regen feels smoother and less obtrusive**.

* for the record she has always felt my driving is nauseating, but 1PD was worse than my "normal"
Have you tried NOT drifting around every turn? Maybe that will help her not be so queezy

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I prefer unbridled with 1pd off. If I have someone behind me though I will feather the acceletor so it's not so aggressive slowing down because the brake lights don't come on when you let off, and I really don't want someone to rear-end me...

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use Engage because I like seeing the brake coach. It's kinda silly that it doesn't work in the other drive modes.
One of my favorite things is when I have adaptive cruise on and then it needs to slow down or stop because of traffic it still pops up the brake coach and gives itself a score. ?
Usually it’s 100% too lol.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will feather the acceletor so it's not so aggressive slowing down because the brake lights don't come on when you let off, and I really don't want someone to rear-end me.
Good call on that, I hadn’t thought about the brake lights. I’ve found driving in unbridled when there’s traffic makes it easier, less back and forth between the accelerator and brake. No brake lights is a downside to that though.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag

This is the exact same with me and my wife. She hates how I take corners and drive because it makes her sick too. I do have to say when I first test drove the mach e a couple weeks ago the 1PD made us both sick because neither of us had done it before, but I also just like the traditional two pedal driving too. I know you can drive normally with 1PD if you get used to it but I don't want to have to consciously think about one of the most basic functions of driving.

All that said I did rent a mach e on turo for a day and I used whisper mode almost the whole time because I liked the coasting and then when I'd want to be stupid I just switched it to unbridled again. Although I do like engage a lot as well, it coasts like my fusion hybrid coasts. Unbridled actually reminds me of my old fox bodied mustangs with stick shift when I would leave it in gear and coast using engine braking. It can be a little abrupt to me for regular driving though.
Sponsored