Drive mode unavailable (one-pedal randomly turned off)

Jelz11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
I was approaching a red light and had just taken my foot off the "gas" and one-pedal randomly didn't react. A gray message flashed on the screen, something like "drive mode unavailable." It was strange to momentarily lose control of the car, but thankfully the brakes were fine. When I was stopped I navigated back to the drive modes and Whisper looked strange. I turned one-pedal back on and the car seemed fine after that.

I know other folks have had issues with one-pedal in different circumstances, but has anyone seen this message flash on the screen? Thanks.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've seen my car so the "Drive Modes not available" on the APIM (SYNC display) a bunch of times, most recently yesterday afternoon. But for me, this has only happened when it's particularly hot outside and there's no share where I've parked.

I don't lose one pedal driving though. Only drive modes. And the AC doesn't seem to keep up too well. And acceleration power is limited at the upper end.

Some other discussions:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/search/475814/?q=Drive+modes+not+available&o=date

OP
OP

Jelz11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Country flag
I've seen my car so the "Drive Modes not available" on the APIM (SYNC display) a bunch of times, most recently yesterday afternoon. But for me, this has only happened when it's particularly hot outside and there's no share where I've parked.

I don't lose one pedal driving though. Only drive modes. And the AC doesn't seem to keep up too well. And acceleration power is limited at the upper end.

Some other discussions:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/search/475814/?q=Drive+modes+not+available&o=date
Thanks for this. I'll check out these threads that I missed.

Heat wasn't an issue at the time. It was mild and raining.