DRIVE MODES HAVE DISAPPEARED STUCK IN WHISPER MODE / AND CAMERA IS ALMOST NON EXISTENT

flyingdutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I am having the same exact issues. The vehicle went in for the windshield, panoramic roof recalls, software updates and for the same issue issue of a backup camera view that is like looking through a peek hole, I am stuck in Engage mode due to the fact that when I open the vehicle drawer there is no longer along the top the " control" or "settings" option. The vehicle has been in the service department since March 16th, as they are waiting for the part also
Sponsored

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
The vehicle has been in the service department since March 16th, as they are waiting for the part also
Please tell me you meant May and it hasn't really been 2.5 months since you've had your car

flyingdutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
The dealer said they are awaiting the part. Nothing I can do about that. They said the manager was escalating the issue. I am sure they want their Lincoln back. I got in touch with Ford through this tread and they are looking into the issue. It's possible there is a software fix that the dealer is not aware of. I wonder if Ford issued a bulletin about this issue

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
2.8.3 Updated OTA and drive modes disappeared here too. December 2020 build. I will see what tomorrow brings. Camera is fine though. Hmmm. Still Loving the Mach though!

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Ford pushed update to car while at home, did not have to go in.
Look at that. Watch out ford, you could be confused with a tech company. 😏

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Maybe your right!

Ford Motor’s IT hiring rose in April 2022 when compared with the previous month, according to GlobalData’s Job Analytics database.
IT jobs claimed a 34.87% share in the company’s total hiring activity in April 2022, and recorded a 6.34% growth over the last three-month average share.
Software and Web Developers, Programmers, and Testers emerged as the leading occupation, recording a share of 81.94% in April 2022, and a 5.22% drop over March 2022, while Computer and Information Research Scientists claimed a share of 5.81% in April 2022, and registered growth of 350%.

One of them removed my drive modes!! 😂

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
My FE recently went in to get 1.7.1 unstuck, and they had to replace the APIM. Then for BlueCruise to successfully install at the dealership, every single module in the vehicle had to be flashed, per Ford Engineering advice.

It wasn't a week or two later that 2.8.2 came in OTA, followed after a day or so by 2.8.3.
Haven't had any glitches to report, but I'm wondering if my Job 1 car is avoiding the ones reported here because of the wholesale update my car had to undergo...

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
My FE recently went in to get 1.7.1 unstuck, and they had to replace the APIM. Then for BlueCruise to successfully install at the dealership, every single module in the vehicle had to be flashed, per Ford Engineering advice.

It wasn't a week or two later that 2.8.2 came in OTA, followed after a day or so by 2.8.3.
Haven't had any glitches to report, but I'm wondering if my Job 1 car is avoiding the ones reported here because of the wholesale update my car had to undergo...
Interesting, where you stuck at KC track for the January Feb 21 Quality Check? My build date on the vin sticker is 12/20. Never been back to the dealer since sale.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
Sorry, maybe I'm particularly dense but I'm not sure what "stuck at KC track for the Jan Feb 21 Quality Check" means..?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Yes, still having same issue. whisper mode is nice and all but would love to switch drive modes, on a $60K MACH E LOL. I'm guessing going to need a new APIM???? But was told could take months for Ford to get part?
This is a software bug. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't understand what the cost of the car has anything to do with it. Bugs occur in all software. There's no way around it. I've told my staff for years (I manage 110 software developers) that if a program has more than 3 lines of code then there's a bug, we just haven't found it yet. It's a running joke but we did find a program with 4 lines of code with a bug in it once.

Microsoft had a rule (I don't know if it's still a rule) that if Windows had less than 500 known bugs it will ship the product. We have a software package that cost us millions and have found hundreds of bugs over the years.

So, whether the car costs $15,000 or $500,000 the software delivered with it will have bugs. It's just the way of life.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I agree, and this has been the first glitch in 17 months of ownership.
Sponsored