jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Starting about two weeks or so ago, whenever I’d go to open my driver’s door, pressing the button wouldn’t work if the car was locked. I either have to open one of the other doors, or use the Unlock button on my fob. Once unlocked, the button works fine in popping the door open. All the other doors work fine when locked, just the driver’s door. I guess what is most puzzling is the button obviously works since I am able to press it to open, just not when the car is locked.

I love this car, but maybe I am not cut out for the Early Adopter struggles with this one (I’ve had first models of several cars before, none have had all the issues this one has). I have to take mine in for the recall, maybe they can take (a likely fruitless, considering their work experience with the MME) look at it, but was wondering if anyone else had this happen and if it was something that could be solved outside the dealership.
Sponsored

HowdyDoody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Starting about two weeks or so ago, whenever I’d go to open my driver’s door, pressing the button wouldn’t work if the car was locked. I either have to open one of the other doors, or use the Unlock button on my fob. Once unlocked, the button works fine in popping the door open. All the other doors work fine when locked, just the driver’s door. I guess what is most puzzling is the button obviously works since I am able to press it to open, just not when the car is locked.

I love this car, but maybe I am not cut out for the Early Adopter struggles with this one (I’ve had first models of several cars before, none have had all the issues this one has). I have to take mine in for the recall, maybe they can take (a likely fruitless, considering their work experience with the MME) look at it, but was wondering if anyone else had this happen and if it was something that could be solved outside the dealership.
This is a common, frustrating problem that's been answered on many threads. You have to take it in to the dealership and they update the software. I had it done 3 months ago, and all good since then.

OP
OP
jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is a common, frustrating problem that's been answered on many threads. You have to take it in to the dealership and they update the software. I had it done 3 months ago, and all good since then.
Ah OK thanks! I really wasn’t sure what to search on here. I guess I’ll just get the full spa treatment when I take her in for her recall.

sshephard

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
retired
Country flag

I had the same problem and learned that disconnecting the 12 volt battery and reconnecting it did the trick. Do a YouTube search on how to get to the battery in the Frunk. The whole process took me about 10 minutes.