Driver door unlock

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Has there been a recent change to Paak functionality?

I noticed I have to unlock the driver door first before unlocking any other door. Before it seems I could walk up to any door and press the button to unlock.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
It may be that you aren’t giving it time to recognize your PAAK. Seems to me that it takes a couple seconds for the PAAK handshake. Perhaps that hasn’t happened when you try to open the first door. By the time you walk to the drivers door, it has happened. Do your puddle lights come on before trying the first door? That would indicate that PAAK has been recognized.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
It may be that you aren’t giving it time to recognize your PAAK. Seems to me that it takes a couple seconds for the PAAK handshake. Perhaps that hasn’t happened when you try to open the first door. By the time you walk to the drivers door, it has happened. Do your puddle lights come on before trying the first door? That would indicate that PAAK has been recognized.
Just double checked because I was headed out to the garage anyway with my phone in my pocket. Puddle lights came on as I was opening the door. By the time I set my coffee on the tool bench I was able to open the left rear door without opening the driver’s door first.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I noticed this as well. It's been happening for the past few weeks where walking up to the car, I can see the buttons light up but pressing any door other than the driver's door won't unlock the car. Only by pressing the driver's door button will the other doors activate.

I haven't checked the settings to see if they added a setting.

OP
OP

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I noticed this as well. It's been happening for the past few weeks where walking up to the car, I can see the buttons light up but pressing any door other than the driver's door won't unlock the car. Only by pressing the driver's door button will the other doors activate.

I haven't checked the settings to see if they added a setting.
Yeah it's recent. Maybe after the 1.4 update?

I had the opposite issue where I had to unlock another door before the driver door. That was resolved by the dealer with a software flash.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah it's recent. Maybe after the 1.4 update?

I had the opposite issue where I had to unlock another door before the driver door. That was resolved by the dealer with a software flash.
It's weird because if I had an update, it was an invisible one. I didn't get a notice about any updates...

OP
OP

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok I checked with the fob. The issue only affects the driver side back door. It can never be opened first. Any one of the other three have to be opened first before.

This is the same issue that I had with the drivers door before applying the SSM. It's like the software decides to "quarantine" a door.

I did a reboot of the system. Hopefully that fixes it.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It’s a bug. Had nothing to do with PAAK. There is a software update that fixes this if you take it into the dealership. There are threads on this.

OP
OP

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s a bug. Had nothing to do with PAAK. There is a software update that fixes this if you take it into the dealership. There are threads on this.
I already had the fix applied.

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have this problem too. Why can't they send this as OTA?
Sponsored