Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Since the 2.8.2 update that turned on BlueCruise I have been intermittently getting a “Driver Monitor Camera Fault See Owners Manual” warning. Found one possibly related thread on here but not much activity and it was difficult to find and had no solution yet. Power cycle and letting the car power off completely seems to be the only way to clear and I’m not positive what is causing it but it won’t allow lane centering or BlueCruise when it happens. Has anyone else seen this?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Driver Monitor Camera Fault 1D6D497A-6474-4586-BD29-9AE7F1C9A2D0
Ford Mustang Mach-E Driver Monitor Camera Fault FE7D0235-8BC9-4FE5-BDAD-4BC5C61054ED

EricTheRed44

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-450, Mustang Mach-E, Mercedes CLK 500,E 350
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Just had this happen the AM (7/1/22). Have you found out anything on your end? I am on 2.8.3

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I got this fault Monday. Car heading to the dealer this morning.

OP
OP
tannerk89

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Haven’t had my car to a dealer yet because I was doing a lot of driving and didn’t want it to be their guinipig for a couple days while they looked into it. Ford customer service called after DMing @Ford Motor Company on here, however customer service wasn’t very helpful and didn’t address my concern at all.

I’ve also run into a “resume control now” warning that pops up out of nowhere and will not allow me to acknowledge or stop it from dinging even after resuming control turning off cruise control all together. The only way to get warning prompt and alarm noise toturn off is to restart the car.

Dealer will not be able to reproduce either of these failures because they happen intermittently for me and I drive approx 300-500 miles per week with hands free blue cruise on..

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
First make sure you aren't blocking the camera by accident. See SSM 50497.

Curious what the error codes are. I would see if you have a driver status monitor camera module (CMR) update available in FDRS and try that first. Reset codes and drive.

I’ve also run into a “resume control now” warning that pops up out of nowhere and will not allow me to acknowledge or stop it from dinging even after resuming control turning off cruise control all together. The only way to get warning prompt and alarm noise toturn off is to restart the car.

Dealer will not be able to reproduce either of these failures because they happen intermittently for me and I drive approx 300-500 miles per week with hands free blue cruise on..
Yikes, sounds like some modules aren't talking there. Dealer should check for codes and fully update the driver assistance suite of modules. I only get that warning if the lines are covered on the road, or the car gets really confused with the lines and goes off track. As soon as you tug the wheel it should go away.

OP
OP
tannerk89

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
First make sure you aren't blocking the camera by accident. See SSM 50497.

Curious what the error codes are. I would see if you have a driver status monitor camera module (CMR) update available in FDRS and try that first. Reset codes and drive.

Yikes, sounds like some modules aren't talking there. Dealer should check for codes and fully update the driver assistance suite of modules. I only get that warning if the lines are covered on the road, or the car gets really confused with the lines and goes off track. As soon as you tug the wheel it should go away.
Yeah something isn’t right for sure, I have my 30k service coming up so waiting until it goes in for that so they can look at it. Video below is with me in full control with cruise control completely off.

EricTheRed44

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-450, Mustang Mach-E, Mercedes CLK 500,E 350
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
As it turns out I had some but guts covering the front nose camera. Once I cleaned that off it started working again...

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
As it turns out I had some but guts covering the front nose camera. Once I cleaned that off it started working again...
That's unrelated, the driver monitor camera is the one above the steering wheel that watches your eyes. Completely separate module than the front parking camera, so just a coincidence.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I’ve had all of these happen. I think it’s just software bugs.

I’ve had the driver camera fault pop up… and hit ok…And BC immediately reactivates without issue.
I’ve also had the “take control freak out”s. I haven’t been able to figure out why or a pattern or a trigger… randomly happens… blue cloud comes back without issue, sometimes BC comes right back or it takes a min or so

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
most of the time when i get the resume control alert that wont go away its because the sun is hitting the sensor and it freaks out because its blocked. Not sure why sometimes it wont shut up and other times it just disables bc for a while with no other issue.

OP
OP
tannerk89

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
most of the time when i get the resume control alert that wont go away its because the sun is hitting the sensor and it freaks out because its blocked. Not sure why sometimes it wont shut up and other times it just disables bc for a while with no other issue.
Yeah, I’ve had the same experience. I have a visit with the service department scheduled for the 26th so hopefully I’ll have some more information then.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
This suddenly is getting worse for me

today I had to actually pull over and turn off the car to stop the “resume control” warning. Couldn’t get it to turn off!!

no Clue what triggers it.

just drove 20min home and about half the time it kept freaking out. One time got a driver camera warning. No dtc
Codes

OP
OP
tannerk89

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
This suddenly is getting worse for me

today I had to actually pull over and turn off the car to stop the “resume control” warning. Couldn’t get it to turn off!!

no Clue what triggers it.

just drove 20min home and about half the time it kept freaking out. One time got a driver camera warning. No dtc
Codes
Yeah I randomly get the same problem where I have to turn it off to get the resume control warning to stop. No apparent reason either, conditions seem good and no pre-warning at all. Very strange!
Sponsored