IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
I’m not particularly happy, but such is life. My Mach-E’s driver door appears to have been misaligned at the factory. It is not the end of the World, but some detraction from my joy. I took it to the dealership this A.M. because the issue was obvious and resulting in increasing damage on subsequent door-openings. The dealership contacted Ford, and Ford posited that the driver’s door was misaligned at the factory. It will be headed to an auto body shop next week for Ford-authorized realignment and repair. I am not thrilled but WTF…. I wish that there was a Waffle House in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin. Waffle Hous3e makes me smile. On a positive note, I should get to cruise another Mach-E during the repair phase but it’s that cop-summoning Rapid Red color. So, BOLO for misaligned doors. The problem rapidly worsened across sub-zero temperatures.

I just gotta say-I LOVE that Infinite Blue Metallic Mach-E.

Door Misalignment.jpg

Door Misalignment2.jpg

Door Misalignment3.jpg

Driver's Door Misalignment2.jpg

Driver's Door Misalignment3.jpg

Blue & Red MMEs.jpg

View attachment 15810

View attachment 15811

View attachment 15812

View attachment 15813

View attachment 15814

View attachment 15815

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Waffle house has kits to make your own pancakes at home. Just saying..... sorry to hear about the misfortune and happy to hear it will be covered professionally. At least it's not a tesla. You'd have a rep out to see you in a few weeks, then a loaner for a few months.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Not ideal and very frustrating - glad they are helping fix it

but Please dont say the RR is cop summoning (my heart drops every time i think of that ) ?- I am set on my FE in two weeks which is RR..cannot wait for May delivery of IB premium

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Either that or transportation folks could have hyper-extended the door while reversing with it open? Mom did this when she was backing our van out of the driveway and the rear windows were all fogged up so she opened the door and looked behind her as she backed out. The door caught on the snow that had been piled up on both sides of the driveway from snow shoveling and the next thing she knows it's getting ripped out of her hands opening way past it's designed hinge! Us kids all laughed until she slapped the heck out of one of my brothers which of course shut the rest of us up real quick! ?

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
That sucks. And of course it had to be the driver's door and not one of the others.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Love the infinite blue!
Love Waffle House!
Door misalignment sucks! Buddy of mine bought a Tesla Model 3 two years ago and had the exact same issue. Tesla’s response? After multiple “discussions” with the dealership, they ended up offering him a set of floor mats for his “trouble”. Of course, they didn’t cover any expenses to rectify the problem.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’ve always bought fords or Lincoln’s and I’ve never had to check body panels or alignment on any car at delivery. On the other hand, I’ve never bought a brand new model the very first year of production.

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
Love the infinite blue!
Love Waffle House!
Door misalignment sucks! Buddy of mine bought a Tesla Model 3 two years ago and had the exact same issue. Tesla’s response? After multiple “discussions” with the dealership, they ended up offering him a set of floor mats for his “trouble”. Of course, they didn’t cover any expenses to rectify the problem.
Ford's reply was prompt when I took it in today. So, I am pleased with that. I'm hopefully confident that all will go well.

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
That almost looks like the door was overextended too hard
Looks can be deceiving. Ford disagrees with your internet diagnosis. I'm not new to opening vehicle doors. Your opinion is appreciated.

Driver's Door Misalignment3.jpg