Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I would like to drive an i4 some time just to see what it's like. Maybe I will do a test drive some day at my local BMW dealership if they have one available.
I know what you mean - none of the dealers had a demo i4 or iX so I had to sign up for a UDE drive event from BMW !
Ford Mustang Mach-E Driving a Polestar 2 while my Mach-E is in the body shop Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 3.10.43 PM
Sponsored

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
Right before we found our GTPE, we were about to put a deposit on an i4 M50, but they're 24 months out where we are. I'd have happily paid the extra $4,900 CAD for the Portimao Blue too...

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
I saw a Polestar today at Walgreens. It is a very nice-looking car, but it's made in China.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I almost sold my MME a while back and bought a polestar. HVBJB kept my car too long so I never ended up doing it. I test drive the p2 that I had reserved and found basically all of the same things you said in your original post to be true. I could have overlooked many of them, but it was also just too small inside for my needs.

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Thanks for the comparison - good feedback to hear. How was your real-world vs. advertised battery range?

OP
OP
Mathington

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the comparison - good feedback to hear. How was your real-world vs. advertised battery range?
Hard to really say for sure. The GOM showed much more range but the consumption I was seeing while driving was higher than my Mach-E.

I know there is 5-7 kWh difference in useable battery size compared to my starndard range Mach-E so overall the Polestar most likely had higher range.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So I’m going to eat some of my previous words and say the Polestar 2 is the best handling/driving EV for me. I hammered this car on local roads and could not force it to behave badly - no over/understeer, no sliding of the back, no torque steer. The one pedal driving is buttery smooth unlike the Mach-E and BMW i4. It’s even better than Teslas.

I rented a fully loaded one for 10 days and it had CarPlay, premium audio, etc. which made it feature comparable with the Mach-E but did not have the Performance upgrade that improves throttle response. Below 60-70% SoC the car throttled power and acceleration was muted below 40mph. The range and charging speeds were very poor though and space is too small for a family. My young nieces and nephews complained about sitting in the rear and the lack of heated seats.
Sponsored