Samkanu

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Am contemplating a drive to Nice with the family next week. Any tips re charging or anything else to be aware of would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Michael MM

Michael MM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD XR
Country flag
Am contemplating a drive to Nice with the family next week. Any tips re charging or anything else to be aware of would be greatly appreciated.
Already in Germany.
So far experience in France was best!
Many fast chargers along the motorways and a couple of slow spots in most public (enclosed/underground) car parks.
Also electricity in France is significantly cheaper than UK or Germany.
We mostly used the toll motorways, but even when driving elsewhere we always found [available and working] chargers of at least 50kW, but usually 150kW or better

Samkanu

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Already in Germany.
So far experience in France was best!
Many fast chargers along the motorways and a couple of slow spots in most public (enclosed/underground) car parks.
Also electricity in France is significantly cheaper than UK or Germany.
We mostly used the toll motorways, but even when driving elsewhere we always found [available and working] chargers of at least 50kW, but usually 150kW or better
Thanks so much for the reply. Feel a lot better now. Do I need to download any apps to use the chargers.

OP
OP
Michael MM

Michael MM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD XR
Country flag
Thanks so much for the reply. Feel a lot better now. Do I need to download any apps to use the chargers.
Oh!
Forgot the most important bit - we never once needed to use other than the Ford network charge card - all the charging stations just recognised it and that was that.

We had downloaded the Plugshare app and the Ionity one but never used either in France.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Noob question from me after having my car for nearly a year :rolleyes: AWD with ER so fully adaptive headlamps. When setting the headlights for left hand drive or right hand drive does it mean:

1. In the UK we drive on the left so does that mean the left hand drive option should be selected?

2. The left hand drive option is selected as cars will be approaching from the right?

The manual isn't exactly clear about this. I have the left hand option selected and have been flashed by a few people in the dark and when the right hand drive mode has been selected. (O'er missus):)

When I picked up my car the right hand option was selected but I changed it to the left as that seemed more logical. (Or is it)?

OP
OP
Michael MM

Michael MM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD XR
Country flag
When setting the headlights for left hand drive or right hand drive does it mean:
It means "From which side is the on-coming traffic?"
In the UK oncoming traffic is on the right and that is the correct setting for that option, which is why your car was delivered set like that.

Now, I did the following test:

I stopped directly opposite a white wall, some 2.5 meters away.
The low beam was on, much as it would be during a night drive with busy oncoming traffic on a single-carriageway.
I changed the setting from "right" to the "left", but the pattern of light on the wall did not visibly change at all.

I assume it is a software issue - if it is an issue at all.

Naturally, now on the continent I have set the parameter with oncoming traffic on the left.
So far no one has flashed any indication that I might be blinding them.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
It means "From which side is the on-coming traffic?"
In the UK oncoming traffic is on the right and that is the correct setting for that option, which is why your car was delivered set like that.

Now, I did the following test:

I stopped directly opposite a white wall, some 2.5 meters away.
The low beam was on, much as it would be during a night drive with busy oncoming traffic on a single-carriageway.
I changed the setting from "right" to the "left", but the pattern of light on the wall did not visibly change at all.

I assume it is a software issue - if it is an issue at all.

Naturally, now on the continent I have set the parameter with oncoming traffic on the left.
So far no one has flashed any indication that I might be blinding them.
Thanks Michael

I'll change mine to the right side. (As long as it's not the "Dark Side")
Ford Mustang Mach-E Driving a UK Mach E in Europe 1659994385290

thedoc

First Name
Staffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-e 2021
Country flag
You might want to change the speedometer reading from m/h to Km/h as well. It's in the menu..
Sponsored