"Driving in the snow, one pedal driving is King"

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
There you have it. One-pedal (on the MME) is better than ABS.

Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That is great! Unfortunately I'll never be able to test that for myself but I'll take her word for it. :)

• Haha
Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
That is great! Unfortunately I'll never be able to test that for myself but I'll take her word for it. :)
Drive up to the grand canyon for some snowy fun. It's not that far, only 229 miles. You can get there in one charge then fill-up overnight in the village. For a day trip hit the Walmart in Flagstaff each way.

edit: yeah... with the elevation gain, you better charge up at EA in Flagstaff.

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
My mother lives up in Prescott. She says she got about 2 feet recently. Take a road trip when you get it =)

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Would be interesting to see how the One-Pedal in snow differs between the AWD and RWD versions. Plenty of Tesla complaints about RWD regen in the snow causing the feeling of lift-off oversteer. Wonder if the traction control is calibrated to prevent that on RWD Mach-Es.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Would be interesting to see how the One-Pedal in snow differs between the AWD and RWD versions. Plenty of Tesla complaints about RWD regen in the snow causing the feeling of lift-off oversteer. Wonder if the traction control is calibrated to prevent that on RWD Mach-Es.
Braking is.braking. Whether by friction or induction, applying brake force can unbalance a vehicle.

I would be highly cautious using excessive amounts of regen (or engine braking for that matter) on a 2wd car in slippery conditions.

On the Volt, in deep snow, prefer the brake pedal, with gradual application.

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Yes! Please be cautious with your regen until you get a feel for what the car is doing. From reviews, I've read and watched the Tesla's AWD and RWD regen in the snow is like downshifting an ICE. Like the MME, the Model 3/Y has a much stronger rear motor so the back-end will slide out. I have never driven a Tesla in the snow so I can't speak to that. My two BEV's are FWD, so I always just put it in minimum regen in the snow.

If it turns out to be true that the MME's regen is as good as it's ABS, that would be HUGE. By the time my MME gets home, my chances for playing in the snow will be mostly gone. You all will have to do some testing for us. Then add it to the list of why the MME is better than the Y. lol.
Sponsored