Driving the Mach e to Atlanta for Some Improvements!

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
What do you do when you see a blatant mistake in a Mach-E review video? ...Post about it!

This is a video posted by EV Dave. I noticed at the start of the video that the mileage on his GB MME was just half of a mile over 5000 (2:32). Most of those miles were put on it by Kyle Conner from Out of Spec _____. Dave made a point in the edit of saying that he had a 52 MILE buffer for his 179 trip. A minute later (3:46) you can see that he has driven 6 miles and 5 miles have come off the distance to his destination. So far so good. Then in the next cut, the odometer jumps up by 15 miles to 5021 but his destination did not get any closer, still 174 miles away. In this cut (4:06), he BOLDLY states that he has lost 20 miles of his buffer! Later he gets a little range "back" (5:50). The buffer is back up to 37-miles (plus the extra 15-mile detour is, you guessed it, 52). When he is almost to his destination (8:14) he has 75 miles of range and has driven 157 miles (232 total). He started with a GOM of 232. After that he hits traffic and the GOM starts to go up. There was no final shot of range after he made it to his PPF shop. Hmm ?, that is also odd since he was talking about range the whole time.

Dave comes across as a smart guy. I was surprised to see this big of a mistake. Is he just trying to grab views? Is he so Tesla bais that he cheated the numbers? Comment down below!

Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
His MME videos are riddled with mistakes. He prides himself on not reading any instructions because everything should be “intuitive”. But then he just goes on doing things incorrectly because he doesn’t know how they work. He still thinks the ”miles to destination” displayed is the miles of range he’ll have left when he gets there.

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I think a lot of the Nav and other mistakes are just him acting.
“I don’t know how to find chargers” while staring at a button that says EV chargers.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
What do you do when you see a blatant mistake in a Mach-E review video? ...Post about it!

This is a video posted by EV Dave. I noticed at the start of the video that the mileage on his GB MME was just half of a mile over 5000 (2:32). Most of those miles were put on it by Kyle Conner from Out of Spec _____. Dave made a point in the edit of saying that he had a 52 MILE buffer for his 179 trip. A minute later (3:46) you can see that he has driven 6 miles and 5 miles have come off the distance to his destination. So far so good. Then in the next cut, the odometer jumps up by 15 miles to 5021 but his destination did not get any closer, still 174 miles away. In this cut (4:06), he BOLDLY states that he has lost 20 miles of his buffer! Later he gets a little range "back" (5:50). The buffer is back up to 37-miles (plus the extra 15-mile detour is, you guessed it, 52). When he is almost to his destination (8:14) he has 75 miles of range and has driven 157 miles (232 total). He started with a GOM of 232. After that he hits traffic and the GOM starts to go up. There was no final shot of range after he made it to his PPF shop. Hmm ?, that is also odd since he was talking about range the whole time.

Dave comes across as a smart guy. I was surprised to see this big of a mistake. Is he just trying to grab views? Is he so Tesla bais that he cheated the numbers? Comment down below!

I rented a Model S and basically nothing about it was intuitive. not even changing the gd volume was intuitive. I had to look up multiple things. including yes, the volume. and how to find the charging door. you know, nothing important.

I rented a Nissan last Spring that I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to put in Reverse. I had to look it up online.

"intuitive" is different to different people. priding yourself on never looking at instructions is just silly.
Sponsored