mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select AWD SR
Country flag
Finally getting around to getting this done. I've been hesitant and I needed to wait until I was comfortable not having the vehicle for a few days. Good news is they said they'd knock out all of the other updates needed including 21P22 and BlueCruise. So the timer starts now. I do not have the glass roof, so I only need the windshield recall completed.

I was having issues with Deep Sleep and the Electric Discharge error (although they have gone away lately), and also a charing error with my Ford Mobile Charger. Going to see if the updates fix my issues!
Sponsored

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Picked it up today. Windshield done and 21p22 done. They unfortunately didn’t do the BlueCruise update because it would “take 8 hours and will be available OTA.”

What does It take to clear the recall now that it’s complete?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
They will clear when paperwork is processed.

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I just had someone check my VIN and learned that NO updates were completed despite my invoice showing that both 21P22 and 21G01 were done.

Back I go…

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tried to give me my car back, checked the updates, only 6 modules were updated. They are back to updating again.

Wild.

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
6 hours later, still at the dealership waiting

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Eco Vert, 2021 MachE Premium ER-AWD
Country flag
I also just dropped off my car at the dealer for the windshield and panoramic roof recalls (plus my 10K service and state inspection). They mentioned they will also do the PaaK update, but they will not do the BlueCruise update because their wifi service is not reliable nor fast enough to handle the 8 hour update. They are afraid that if something happened during the middle of the update, my car can be "bricked" for being in an incomplete state. Also, the dealer did not mention anything about 21P22, I wonder if they will install it or not (I did not know about it until reading this forum entry). Keep my fingers crossed about the windshield/pano roof reseal. The dealer did 5 other cars, 4 of them had no issues, but one had a cracked glass, so it took over a week to order/receive a new glass.

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also just dropped off my car at the dealer for the windshield and panoramic roof recalls (plus my 10K service and state inspection). They mentioned they will also do the PaaK update, but they will not do the BlueCruise update because their wifi service is not reliable nor fast enough to handle the 8 hour update. They are afraid that if something happened during the middle of the update, my car can be "bricked" for being in an incomplete state. Also, the dealer did not mention anything about 21P22, I wonder if they will install it or not (I did not know about it until reading this forum entry). Keep my fingers crossed about the windshield/pano roof reseal. The dealer did 5 other cars, 4 of them had no issues, but one had a cracked glass, so it took over a week to order/receive a new glass.
I don't think 21P22 is marked for all cars. Mine is an early build.

Good luck!

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
21P22 is now available for vehicles manufactured until September 2021.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dropped my car off for the Windshield Recall 1650643849226

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
I dropped my car off Wed. 4/13 for both recalls and all the same updates. Dealer updated me on on 4/20 that they got the car back from the body shop and they need to recalibrate the cameras and do all the other updates which could take up to 3 days.
When you got your car back in 2 days I was a little taken aback. No way they did everything they said they did..

Also, I didn't realize dealers had a choice to deny you the bluecruise update, since Ford put out that memo. Ford is paying them aren't they? They just plug in your car and let it sit. It's free money.
Sponsored