Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It sounds like a window is not fully closed once you get above 45 mph
Ours sounds like that, and starts at about that speed, but I am hearing it through my phone. Husband wondering if the microphone is too sensitive and if it can be made less so.
Appreciate your reply!
We'll keep looking for a solution and keep ya'll posted!
Sponsored

frumple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I took my Mach-E in for 10k mile service (tire rotation) and state inspection last weekend...

He mentioned the safety recalls and asked if anyone has spoken to me yet. I said not from the dealership.

He said they keep for the car for 4-6 WEEKS. It is sent some place, didn't sound like it was done at dealer service. I believe he said they had completed 6 safety recalls for Mach-Es at this dealership and at least 2 of those were scratched/damaged. He basically recommended I wait. I double checked the 4-6 weeks timeframe and he said it was a bitter thing to swallow when he was told that's what he has to tell customers.

I didn't really know what to say and basically laughed. Anyways, I'm in no rush. He did say that the software updates can be done any M-F day scheduled (not weekends), just call them and schedule it. I told him I probably will as I want the Blue Cruise feature (my car was delivered to this dealer in 4/2021).

It's been a week, so hopefully I didn't get anything wrong, I definitely am not getting the fact wrong that he said they keep the car 4-6 weeks, I was flabbergasted. 🤷‍♂️

Of course since last weekend, glass safety recalls are least of my problems. Someone driving their dad's F-250 didn't pull out far enough when leaving their parking spot and basically destroyed 1/4 of my front bumper and sensors. I love the phantom warnings from the broken sensors. Can't wait to see how long it takes to get parts/fixed. 🤦‍♂️

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
This is directed at the dealer, not you, but....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dropped Off for Windshield/Pano Recall - Interesting Dealer Comment 21aqbc

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Two days.
That's exactly what mine took, and zero issues! Highly qualified glass shop took car of it, and for those wondering, it was absolutely missing product for windshield. I'm glad it's done. đź‘Ť

LVMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E - Route 1
Occupation
Fire Protection Engineer
Country flag
Incompetent service guy. False statements. I would have asked to speak to Service Manager.
I dropped mine off today and they said 2 weeks since it needed to go out to a “glass shop”. That sounded odd, but that’s not the odd part. The odd part is that they had promised a loaner vehicle since the downtime was so long. However, when I went into the Enterprise desk (inside the dealership), they said I would be charged $5/day for the rental. Apparently, the dealership will pay Enterprise $35/day, but the rate is $40/day. I think is absurd since I was there for a Ford recall. I declined the rental since I have other means to get around, but I did tell the Sales Manager about it. He said he understood my frustration, but didn’t really seem to care. Am I alone in thinking this whole thing was a crap show?

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I dropped mine off today and they said 2 weeks since it needed to go out to a “glass shop”. That sounded odd, but that’s not the odd part. The odd part is that they had promised a loaner vehicle since the downtime was so long. However, when I went into the Enterprise desk (inside the dealership), they said I would be charged $5/day for the rental. Apparently, the dealership will pay Enterprise $35/day, but the rate is $40/day. I think is absurd since I was there for a Ford recall. I declined the rental since I have other means to get around, but I did tell the Sales Manager about it. He said he understood my frustration, but didn’t really seem to care. Am I alone in thinking this whole thing was a crap show?
I would have been annoyed and asked them to show me where, in the letter, it says customers have to pay anything for the loaner.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The recall letter from Ford specifically says that a rental will be provided at no charge. $5 sounds like a charge.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m confident my windshield broke (so states in the paperwork), and it took 31 days.
Mine also got broken and it took 22 days, because they did not have replacements in stock, and the first replacement was broken during shipping.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Just took mine in for 20k mile service and finally got around to trying to schedule the recall work. The last time I asked, I was told that they would send it out to Safelite to do it. This time I was told they are not allowed to use the auto glass shop any longer, and that it needs to go to a Ford dealer with a body shop. My local Ford dealership does not have a body shop so I was instructed to call around. Honestly, no time or energy for that now either. If anyone has had a good experience in eastern/central PA, please let me know. Not many around here so looks like I may need to do some traveling in order to get it done at some point.

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Eco Vert, 2021 MachE Premium ER-AWD
Country flag
Hi, I dropped off my car on Monday, and last night I picked it up. I had the 10K service and state inspection, as well as the windshield and pano roof reseal recalls. My dealer also did the PaaK update as well as 21P22 s/w calibration update (but not the BlueCruise update). They said I was the 6th MachE they worked on for the recalls, 5 of them had no issues, but 1 of them the glass cracked, so they had to order/wait for a new windshield (took 2-3 weeks). I am happy/relieved I got the recall work done in just 4 days.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Just took mine in for 20k mile service and finally got around to trying to schedule the recall work. The last time I asked, I was told that they would send it out to Safelite to do it. This time I was told they are not allowed to use the auto glass shop any longer, and that it needs to go to a Ford dealer with a body shop. My local Ford dealership does not have a body shop so I was instructed to call around. Honestly, no time or energy for that now either. If anyone has had a good experience in eastern/central PA, please let me know. Not many around here so looks like I may need to do some traveling in order to get it done at some point.
I had mine done by Pacifico Marple Ford in Broomall, and they did a great job. I am pretty sure it went to a glass shop though. It never hurts to call and ask.
Sponsored