Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Occupation
Stanford Researcher
Country flag
Hi! I'm a Stanford graduate student working on a project and am interested in hearing from anyone who has participated (or could have but chose not to) in the DTE Smart Charge pilot program. I'm specifically curious about:

- Why (or why not) did you decide to enroll?
- Was was your experience with the enrollment process?
- How was your experience while enrolled in the program?
- Do you plan to stay enrolled, and if not why not?
- What else would you like to see as a part of the program?

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
1) $100
2) Easy
3) It is still ongoing. "Charge" events can occur during peak electric hours, which is ridiculous. Also, the resetting of hours seems to mess up charging on Sunday. Since DTE knows my peak vs off-peak, they should reprogram correctly. Program brochure says it is not designed to affect my electric bill, but of course charging during peak hours will indeed do that.
4)Yes. Second $50 payment year-end.
5) Better 2-way communication. Emails sent get no response.

My EV charger only allows charging during off-peak hours, so DTE can't override that.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
1) $100
2) Easy
3) It is still ongoing. "Charge" events can occur during peak electric hours, which is ridiculous. Also, the resetting of hours seems to mess up charging on Sunday. Since DTE knows my peak vs off-peak, they should reprogram correctly. Program brochure says it is not designed to affect my electric bill, but of course charging during peak hours will indeed do that.
4)Yes. Second $50 payment year-end.
5) Better 2-way communication. Emails sent get no response.

My EV charger only allows charging during off-peak hours, so DTE can't override that.
I echo everything except for, I have a fixed rate electric plan so I have plugged in during the day (when my car is set not to charge) to try out the charge events. Even though Ford Pass informs me that DTE has made changes to my charging schedule to allow it to charge it still does not. So it so far as done absolutely nothing and I'm getting paid; not much to complain about there
Sponsored