harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am not understanding exactly how to use valet mode. I pull up to valet, put in valet code, valet drives off and parks car. now i am ready to leave, I go out to valet to get car. i hand him my ticket, how does he start car to get it back to me? Do i hand him my phone? do i give him door/start codes? i used to just hand him FOB when i dropped car off. What am i missing?
Sponsored

rockatansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Infinite Blue Mach-E ER RWD
Country flag
my understanding is the valet code is good, and reusable, until the car is taken out of valet mode. they'll need to make note of the code to use when they retrieve the vehicle. it may even be viewable in the FordPass app, so you can remind them.

no need to give them the phone or key fob.

i have no practical experience with this, just passing along what i've read.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
my understanding is the valet code is good, and reusable, until the car is taken out of valet mode. they'll need to make note of the code to use when they retrieve the vehicle. it may even be viewable in the FordPass app, so you can remind them.

no need to give them the phone or key fob.

i have no practical experience with this, just passing along what i've read.
My biggest concern is explaining everything to the valet, and ensuring they write down the code. Me thinks just handing over the fob may be easiest.

On that note, does Tesla have a similar valet mode or do users just hand over the keycard?

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
Yeah I’m thinking that’s a lot to deal with when you’re dropping the Mach E off at a restaurant or hotel. Another reason to have a second fob.

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So I tried it. Press valet mode. First message is use fob to valet, entered code. Walked away. Valet could not shift out of park until I gave him my phone. Now if he doest park it right away he can't start it. To pick car up I must give him my phone are the codes to start without key.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
So I tried it. Press valet mode. First message is use fob to valet, entered code. Walked away. Valet could not shift out of park until I gave him my phone. Now if he doest park it right away he can't start it. To pick car up I must give him my phone are the codes to start without key.
Valet mode is like a temporary set of backup codes for use without a phone.
Create the valet codes.
Give and explain to the valet and walk away with your phone.

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Did some experimenting when I got home. Valet mode will not allow any settings to be changed while in valet mode. Can't enter valet code with out a key present gives incorrect code until a key is present. The paak works but have to give valet your phone. So you have to give valet phone and wait for him to come back then give him phone to get car don't know what you do if he doesn't park it right away.

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Valet mode is like a temporary set of backup codes for use without a phone.
Create the valet codes.
Give and explain to the valet and walk away with your phone.
Sorry, that's what I thought. You need fob or phone to drive car. Valet only prevents changes to your settings. It even pops up on screen to use fob to valet before you enter code.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Sorry, that's what I thought. You need fob or phone to drive car. Valet only prevents changes to your settings.
You need fob or phone to set the codes.
Valet doesn't need phone or fob otherwise what's the point.
You don't want to give them your door or drive code so it generates a temporary one.

If people use valets alot then you may want to create a business type card to give then the code and instructions ?.

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You need fob or phone to set the codes.
Valet doesn't need phone or fob otherwise what's the point.
You don't want to give them your door or drive code so it generates a temporary one.

If people use valets alot then you may want to create a business type card to give then the code and instructions ?.
Try it. You need paak, fob, or start codes to drive car. I agree what's the point? It prevents changes to your settings THATS all it does. I have always given valet the fob. Which is fine, unless your using paak. In fact to even reenter valet code you need to have key or fob. Don't know about seat codes didn't try that. Giving start codes and trying to explain it would pass valet off. Lol

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Try it. You need paak, fob, or start codes to drive car. I agree what's the point? It prevents changes to your settings THATS all it does. I have always given valet the fob. Which is fine, unless your using paak. In fact to even reenter valet code you need to have key or fob. Don't know about seat codes didn't try that. Giving start codes and trying to explain it would pass valet off. Lol
With Valet, you Do Not have to give your phone or fob. Your doing something wrong or the car is. I can't try it myself yet, but will soon.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
The fob sounds way easier. Guess they need to cover off the fact the fob is all powerful. An astute valet could program their phone or similar to the car, etc.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I tried it today. The valet couldn't drive the car without my fob or my phone.

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
With Valet, you Do Not have to give your phone or fob. Your doing something wrong or the car is. I can't try it myself yet, but will soon.
Actually when you touch valet. Message on screen is use fob for valet. Have to hit ok to program code. If you try to enter your valet code will say incorrect unless key in car
Sponsored