Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
My E-ZPass and RFID Entrance Tag will not read through my windshield. My service manager does not have any idea why they do not work. Has anyone had this experience and if so, what is the cure? Thanks
Sponsored

AeroEng

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybd, Accord, Silverado, MME Prem AWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m having the same issue with my EZ-Pass. Failed today. Will try the black dotted area and give results tomorrow, thanks for the recommendation!

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
I haven't used E-ZPass yet, but no problem with my TxTag through sunroof.

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
The new owners manual will actually address this. It's not released yet, but here's the new snippet:

Ford Mustang Mach-E E-ZPass and RFID Tag Reading 1657905785875-
My EZPass has been mounted in this area since March 2021 and have no problems on the Illinois Tollway system.

AeroEng

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybd, Accord, Silverado, MME Prem AWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Putting the EZPass in the shaded area worked great. Thanks everyone for the information.

thewraith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FD RX7(2J)/'21 Mach E GTP/'65 'stang, '22 BMW X5
Country flag
My DC ezpass doesn't work in any of those locations...gtp model.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Goes to show they need to go to universal license plate readers for toll systems and get rid of these silly transponders.

2GOfast54

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME4 select space white
Occupation
PT
Country flag
Goes to show they need to go to universal license plate readers for toll systems and get rid of these silly transponders.
Jim we have that system here in California. It sounds good until someone else’s license plate gets misread as yours.That happened to me with the Mach e. I don’t use “Fast Track” but got notice in the mail that camera had caught me illegally in Fast track lane. Now the notice has a picture of the back of the vehicle and the LP. It took me a while to figure out what I was looking @. First I thought it was a stock photo b/c vehicle was black and M E is space white,then I look at the LP. I go outside to see my LP and now see the difference. The vehicle in the pic is a 4 runner all# & letters are the same except my LP has a U,the 4Runner had a V at same position. The 4Runner LP frame was decorative ocean waves all the way around (Cali motif)and right where the V on The LP was there was this wave peak blocking the bottom of the V making it look like a U (to the computer). Now like this story is too long it also took me some time and effort to have this corrected. First I waited for 2 or 3 follow up notices from them to see if they would catch the mistake but no. So I had to send them photos of my M E with LP,screen photo of their vehicle with a narrative of what the computer is not seeing bla bla bla. All to prove me innocent and them wrong. They need to have people screening stuff like this. Strange but true. OK I’m done.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Jim we have that system here in California. It sounds good until someone else’s license plate gets misread as yours.That happened to me with the Mach e. I don’t use “Fast Track” but got notice in the mail that camera had caught me illegally in Fast track lane. Now the notice has a picture of the back of the vehicle and the LP. It took me a while to figure out what I was looking @. First I thought it was a stock photo b/c vehicle was black and M E is space white,then I look at the LP. I go outside to see my LP and now see the difference. The vehicle in the pic is a 4 runner all# & letters are the same except my LP has a U,the 4Runner had a V at same position. The 4Runner LP frame was decorative ocean waves all the way around (Cali motif)and right where the V on The LP was there was this wave peak blocking the bottom of the V making it look like a U (to the computer). Now like this story is too long it also took me some time and effort to have this corrected. First I waited for 2 or 3 follow up notices from them to see if they would catch the mistake but no. So I had to send them photos of my M E with LP,screen photo of their vehicle with a narrative of what the computer is not seeing bla bla bla. All to prove me innocent and them wrong. They need to have people screening stuff like this. Strange but true. OK I’m done.
I hear you. No system is foolproof. I know people in Pennsylvania with EZPass tags who’ve gotten billed for plate reads because the EZPass tag wasn’t picked up for whatever mysterious reason.

Bubz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Shelby GT500
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
My DC ezpass doesn't work in any of those locations...gtp model.
Any update? I'm in northern Virginia and haven't found a spot on my windshield that the ez-pass works either.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Any update? I'm in northern Virginia and haven't found a spot on my windshield that the ez-pass works either.
So you've put it dead center of the shaded areas on either the left or right of the mirror, and it doesn't work?

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
First I waited for 2 or 3 follow up notices from them to see if they would catch the mistake but no.
I promise you they weren't looking for a mistake, so no chance it was going to get caught without the considerable effort you expended.

hyrulianruffio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e select , 2012 CR-V
Occupation
I.T.
Country flag
Our EZ Tag has worked fine in the dotted area to the right of the mirror. The online account indicates the tag has been read and is not going off of the plate. Have used it in both the Houston and Dallas areas many times.
Sponsored